Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays PC

tag
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Barclays PC

I'm thinking about calling in today for a PC. Barclay Rewards MC to Barclay Ring is the route that I want to go. Any thoughts or experience?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays PC

Calling them now. Wish me luck!!
Message 2 of 11
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Good Luck!!

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

LUCK!!!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Message 4 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 5 of 11
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Spoke with two different CSRs and it's a no go. They told me to apply for the Ring and if approved, they would consolidate my Rewards card with the Ring card. To app or not to app, that is the question. I guess I could app and if declined, call the backdoor # and talk about the good history I've had with them for over a year now.
Message 6 of 11
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

I would say apply for the Ring card and if Declined call Recon...They may approve you for the new card or approve and move your CL from the rewards car to the Ring and close the rewards card.

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Message 7 of 11
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

I suspected they would say no. Though I was told no about 4 times before I got my Apple Visa PC'd to a Rewards MC, I speculate that they will only allow changes into the Rewards card from their other cards. I was offered only a choice of the Rewards MC or iTunes Rewards Visa(Same product type as the Apple Financing).

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 8 of 11
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Poop!! Okay so let me wrap this whole thing up for anyone considering a PC from the Rewards MC to anything else. Was told that I would have to submit a new application because the Rewards card is not eligible for PC. Submitted my app and was declined. Called the backdoor # and spoke with a very nice analyst. She asked me about my 4 yr. old BK and I gladly explained the situation. She told me that I have established a great history with them over the past year and that they would like to see more history before extending me additional credit. I stated that I was not applying for additional credit and that I only wanted to change from 1 card to another. I have 1 year and 2 months (perfect) history with this card and have gone from a CL of $1,900 to $4,000 in a years time. Not worth the HP in my opinion. It would be another thing if I didn't have any history with them at all but.............. Blah...
Message 9 of 11
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

They wouldn't split your limits for you? (If you even cared about two smaller limits or one bigger one)

Why did you want the Ring? I've been doing some research on it and it isn't that great unless you plan on carrying balances.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.