Did you mean: 

Barclays Pattern? Wanna play?

tag
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Re: Barclays Pattern? Wanna play?

@tjrssibelle wrote:

Do you have Barclays? --Yes

Which Product? --Barclaycard Arrival World MC (AF)

How long have you had it?--not here yet

Recon or Instant?--instant

Has you account been CLD'd--not yet

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- 3 (BCE, Chase Sapphire, Discover It) two days prior

How many apps since?--None

Initial CL?-- $1500 with instant approval; $5000 after recon

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)--none yet

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)--PIF

Score?-- 736 TU from credit Karma

the minimum CL isnt 5k? 

fico 747
Message 11 of 28
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

If you go to the Barclays site, you can see a list of cards. For me, the 12 0% APR of Apple was equal to the Rewards card, so I figured Id go for the World card--it's a 5k minimum, I think, and if they can't qualify you for it, you can get the Platinum. I just figured if I was going to play with Barclay and gamble CLD and such, I might as well go for the big card! Lol.
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 12 of 28
tjrssibelle
Valued Member

@MazdaSpeed wrote:

@tjrssibelle wrote:

Which Product? --Barclaycard Arrival World MC (AF)

Recon or Instant?--instant

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- 3 (BCE, Chase Sapphire, Discover It) two days prior

How many apps since?--None

Initial CL?-- $1500 with instant approval; $5000 after recon

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)--PIF

Score?-- 736 TU from credit Karma

the minimum CL isnt 5k? 

maybe that $1500 was a fluke

Gardening as of 9/6/13
Message 13 of 28
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Do you have Barclays? Yes

Which Product? Apple Visa and PC'd to Rewards 3 weeks ago

How long have you had it? 7 months

Recon or Instant? Instant

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- 8 apps(including Barclays) within 5 days of each other and 2 of those 8 were from the shopping cart trick.

How many apps since?--8 more and 1 of the 8 was from the shopping cart trick.

Initial CL?-- $2000 on approval.

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)--approximately $600 monthly and PIF

Score? 712 and HP on TU.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 14 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@LisaJ wrote:

After intense research, I finally gave in and apped for a Barclays. I was going for an Apple ogriginally, but after BCP success, decided to aim a bit higher...I want to buy a lap top and the 12 months 0% is the same, plus I feel like it got me a higher limit.  Anyway, as I intend to make a purchase and will carry a balance for a bit, I'd liek to hold on to that $7500 CL!  I do agree with the people who tend toward believing that the CLD isn't as frequent as it appears, but I thought maybe it would be helpful to try and establish a pattern, as difficult as it may be.

My thoughts are that it is dependent upon a mix of things--spend habits, credit profile, but also might have to do with the type of Barclay product. So, a survey for anyone who wants to play:

Do you have Barclays? -- Just Accepted

Which Product? --Barclaycard World MC

Recon or Instant?--recon

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- two in same time frame, also two Chase accounts in the year prior.

How many apps since?--None; I am in the garden.

Initial CL?-- $7500 after recon for approval.

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)--plan to carry a balance for a bit.

Score?-- low 700s at time of app---HP on TU.

The best I can figure, Barclays doesn't like it, in general, when they make no interest off of their members.  Their higher profile/more prime products seem to get the axe less.  They are sensitive to changes in credit report, especially new account inquiries.

Hoping we can find some sort of a pattern...I'm hoping to not be AA, but I knew the risks, so mainly just curious...I like puzzles!  Plus, maybe this will help new applicants and establish some sort of a pattern.

Which Product? --Barclaycard Rewards World MC

How long have you had it?--7 months

Recon or Instant?--Recon

Has you account been CLD'd--No

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- 6

How many apps since?--4

Initial CL?-- $5000 after recon for approval / transferred Apple Visa CL to it and closed Apple to make $7,200CL

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)-- None so far / high util. stopping auto luv

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)-- Card was planned on big BT to it to pay own over a year. Will be PIF by October then used regularly and PIF monthly.

Score?--  680 at time of app---HP on TU.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 28
negg
Frequent Contributor

1)yes
2)apple card
3)4-12
4)instant
5)nope
6)3 within a month
7)one
8)1500
9)none
10)see above
11)see above
12)balance transfer only. Maybe 4 POS since I have the card
13)645
14) the letter M

Off-topic. Buuuut can some one PM me cap1 EO email address......purty please. Mahalo
CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 16 of 28
Open123
Super Contributor

@LisaJ wrote:

Do you have Barclays? -- 3 Cards -- all within the past 10 or 11 months -- spaced 91 days apart.

Which Product? -- US Airways x 2 (for 2X 40K miles bonus) and NFL

How long have you had it?-- US Airways 6 and 10 months, NFL 3 months.

Recon or Instant?-- First US Airways instant; 2nd US Airways recon; NFL approved after pending review.

Has you account been CLD'd-- No, one of the US Airways was CLI'ed.

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- about 6 or 7 new accounts the past 10 months at time of app.

How many apps since?-- One.

Initial CL?-- First one was $3K, all subsequent ones were $5k.

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)-- Auto on the 2nd US Airways card.

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)-- bottle of water once every 3 months on each card - PIF

Score?-- According to Barclay - 750 on TU (had a triple pull on my recon - next time, will wait for a decision on pending review before calling recon)

Message 17 of 28
Ron1
Super Contributor

Which Product? --Barclaycard Rewards World MC (no AF, 14.99%), Traveolcity Amex

How long have you had it?--  7 months, 1 years 6 months

Recon or Instant?--recon

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- 3 

How many apps since?--  too many apps

Initial CL?-- $5000 after recon, $5000 after recon.

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)--none yet, $5000-$8200 after 8 months

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)-- Pay in full monthly

Score?-- mid 700 at time of app---HP on TU.

Ron.

Message 18 of 28
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Do you have Barclays? -- Yes

Which Product? -- Sallie Mae Rewards MC

How long have you had it? --  One month

Recon or Instant? -- Instant

Has you account been CLD'd -- Not yet

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- Four (only three were reporting)

How many apps since? --  Zero

Initial CL? -- $1,400 (one of my lowest limits)

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?) -- Too early yet; tried to recon for CLI after approval; they said too much new credit, wait 3 months

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?) -- PIF several times before statement; always reporting zero balance

Score? -- 771 per EX letter after being denied recon CLI

Too much new credit was definitely the cause of the low limit and refusal of recon. All else looked good; util was under 8%, no baddies, perfect history.

Message 19 of 28
mikey4833
Valued Member

@LisaJ wrote:

After intense research, I finally gave in and apped for a Barclays. I was going for an Apple ogriginally, but after BCP success, decided to aim a bit higher...I want to buy a lap top and the 12 months 0% is the same, plus I feel like it got me a higher limit.  Anyway, as I intend to make a purchase and will carry a balance for a bit, I'd liek to hold on to that $7500 CL!  I do agree with the people who tend toward believing that the CLD isn't as frequent as it appears, but I thought maybe it would be helpful to try and establish a pattern, as difficult as it may be.

My thoughts are that it is dependent upon a mix of things--spend habits, credit profile, but also might have to do with the type of Barclay product. So, a survey for anyone who wants to play:

Do you have Barclays? --11/2012.

Which Product? --Barclaycard Platinum MC

How long have you had it?--2 months

Recon or Instant?--Instant

Has you account been CLD'd--Closed 2 months by them

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- 10 in last year before that

How many apps since?-- 8

Initial CL?-- $500.

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)--Requested 1 and they closed the card from the card from they're Inq...

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)-- Paid in full 5 times over 1-1/2 months...

Score?-- 660 HP TU. SP on Exp when closed by grantor... This was a credit builder..

The best I can figure, Barclays doesn't like it, in general, when they make no interest off of their members.  Their higher profile/more prime products seem to get the axe less.  They are sensitive to changes in credit report, especially new account inquiries.

Hoping we can find some sort of a pattern...I'm hoping to not be AA, but I knew the risks, so mainly just curious...I like puzzles!  Plus, maybe this will help new applicants and establish some sort of a pattern.

I complained with the consumer financial bureau against them for closing my card because I believe it was because I filed a complaint against a very Rude supervisor and the day after my card was closed no reason.. I was trying to dispute a charge and they wouldn't do it they said that dept was closed then I asked for a super and he was very nasty with me. I had a pending credit line increase request and they closed my tiny $500 builder out... But 1 month later after closure I got a $4000 sears MC to replace it and a Chase card...

Starting Score: TU:599 EXP: 596 EQ: 595 Starting Year 2009
Current Score: TU:715 (685 FAKO) EXP:647 (673 FAKO) EQX: 637 (FAKO 615) - All on 04/24/13 In the garden until 05/2014 because too many inq and low AAoA 1.4 mo. My BK chap 7 will be 4 yrs old July 2013
Goal Score: 760+ across the board by next year July 2014 5 yrs after BK

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.