Contributor
MazdaSpeed

Re: Barclays Pattern? Wanna play?

tjrssibelle wrote:

Do you have Barclays? --Yes

Which Product? --Barclaycard Arrival World MC (AF)

How long have you had it?--not here yet

Recon or Instant?--instant

Has you account been CLD'd--not yet

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- 3 (BCE, Chase Sapphire, Discover It) two days prior

How many apps since?--None

Initial CL?-- $1500 with instant approval; $5000 after recon

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)--none yet

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)--PIF

Score?-- 736 TU from credit Karma

the minimum CL isnt 5k? 

BCE 17.1k (1/13 backdated to 1/11)_____CSP 5k (4/13)
Barclaycard Arrival 1k (4/13)______Capital1 Cash Rewards 2.5k (3/13)
Citi Dividend 1k (3/13)_________Discover IT 1k (3/13)
Chase Hyatt 500 (5/13)______Chase Freedom 5k (11/12)
TU 745 (2/26/14
Frequent Contributor
LisaJ

If you go to the Barclays site, you can see a list of cards. For me, the 12 0% APR of Apple was equal to the Rewards card, so I figured Id go for the World card--it's a 5k minimum, I think, and if they can't qualify you for it, you can get the Platinum. I just figured if I was going to play with Barclay and gamble CLD and such, I might as well go for the big card! Lol.
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Valued Member
tjrssibelle

MazdaSpeed wrote:

tjrssibelle wrote:

Which Product? --Barclaycard Arrival World MC (AF)

Recon or Instant?--instant

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- 3 (BCE, Chase Sapphire, Discover It) two days prior

How many apps since?--None

Initial CL?-- $1500 with instant approval; $5000 after recon

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)--PIF

Score?-- 736 TU from credit Karma

the minimum CL isnt 5k? 

maybe that $1500 was a fluke

Gardening as of 9/6/13
Valued Contributor
Rhaeny

Do you have Barclays? Yes

Which Product? Apple Visa and PC'd to Rewards 3 weeks ago

How long have you had it? 7 months

Recon or Instant? Instant

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- 8 apps(including Barclays) within 5 days of each other and 2 of those 8 were from the shopping cart trick.

How many apps since?--8 more and 1 of the 8 was from the shopping cart trick.

Initial CL?-- $2000 on approval.

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)--approximately $600 monthly and PIF

Score? 712 and HP on TU.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Mega Contributor
LS2982

[ Edited ]

LisaJ wrote:

After intense research, I finally gave in and apped for a Barclays. I was going for an Apple ogriginally, but after BCP success, decided to aim a bit higher...I want to buy a lap top and the 12 months 0% is the same, plus I feel like it got me a higher limit.  Anyway, as I intend to make a purchase and will carry a balance for a bit, I'd liek to hold on to that $7500 CL!  I do agree with the people who tend toward believing that the CLD isn't as frequent as it appears, but I thought maybe it would be helpful to try and establish a pattern, as difficult as it may be.

My thoughts are that it is dependent upon a mix of things--spend habits, credit profile, but also might have to do with the type of Barclay product. So, a survey for anyone who wants to play:

Do you have Barclays? -- Just Accepted

Which Product? --Barclaycard World MC

Recon or Instant?--recon

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- two in same time frame, also two Chase accounts in the year prior.

How many apps since?--None; I am in the garden.

Initial CL?-- $7500 after recon for approval.

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)--plan to carry a balance for a bit.

Score?-- low 700s at time of app---HP on TU.

The best I can figure, Barclays doesn't like it, in general, when they make no interest off of their members.  Their higher profile/more prime products seem to get the axe less.  They are sensitive to changes in credit report, especially new account inquiries.

Hoping we can find some sort of a pattern...I'm hoping to not be AA, but I knew the risks, so mainly just curious...I like puzzles!  Plus, maybe this will help new applicants and establish some sort of a pattern.

Which Product? --Barclaycard Rewards World MC

How long have you had it?--7 months

Recon or Instant?--Recon

Has you account been CLD'd--No

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- 6

How many apps since?--4

Initial CL?-- $5000 after recon for approval / transferred Apple Visa CL to it and closed Apple to make $7,200CL

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)-- None so far / high util. stopping auto luv

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)-- Card was planned on big BT to it to pay own over a year. Will be PIF by October then used regularly and PIF monthly.

Score?--  680 at time of app---HP on TU.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
negg

[ Edited ]
1)yes
2)apple card
3)4-12
4)instant
5)nope
6)3 within a month
7)one
8)1500
9)none
10)see above
11)see above
12)balance transfer only. Maybe 4 POS since I have the card
13)645
14) the letter M

Off-topic. Buuuut can some one PM me cap1 EO email address......purty please. Mahalo
Delta Amex $7500.........Marriott Rewards Premier $6500.......Discover IT $3800......Citi Preferred $2500...........Chase Freedom $3800......Barclay(apple) $2000.......BofA $1500.......
Capital One $4000.....FNO.....$3700
Senior Contributor
Open123

LisaJ wrote:

Do you have Barclays? -- 3 Cards -- all within the past 10 or 11 months -- spaced 91 days apart.

Which Product? -- US Airways x 2 (for 2X 40K miles bonus) and NFL

How long have you had it?-- US Airways 6 and 10 months, NFL 3 months.

Recon or Instant?-- First US Airways instant; 2nd US Airways recon; NFL approved after pending review.

Has you account been CLD'd-- No, one of the US Airways was CLI'ed.

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- about 6 or 7 new accounts the past 10 months at time of app.

How many apps since?-- One.

Initial CL?-- First one was $3K, all subsequent ones were $5k.

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)-- Auto on the 2nd US Airways card.

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)-- bottle of water once every 3 months on each card - PIF

Score?-- According to Barclay - 750 on TU (had a triple pull on my recon - next time, will wait for a decision on pending review before calling recon)

Super Contributor
Ron1

[ Edited ]

Which Product? --Barclaycard Rewards World MC (no AF, 14.99%), Traveolcity Amex

How long have you had it?--  7 months, 1 years 6 months

Recon or Instant?--recon

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- 3 

How many apps since?--  too many apps

Initial CL?-- $5000 after recon, $5000 after recon.

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)--none yet, $5000-$8200 after 8 months

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)-- Pay in full monthly

Score?-- mid 700 at time of app---HP on TU.

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Gunnar419

Do you have Barclays? -- Yes

Which Product? -- Sallie Mae Rewards MC

How long have you had it? --  One month

Recon or Instant? -- Instant

Has you account been CLD'd -- Not yet

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- Four (only three were reporting)

How many apps since? --  Zero

Initial CL? -- $1,400 (one of my lowest limits)

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?) -- Too early yet; tried to recon for CLI after approval; they said too much new credit, wait 3 months

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?) -- PIF several times before statement; always reporting zero balance

Score? -- 771 per EX letter after being denied recon CLI

Too much new credit was definitely the cause of the low limit and refusal of recon. All else looked good; util was under 8%, no baddies, perfect history.

Established Member
mikey4833

LisaJ wrote:

After intense research, I finally gave in and apped for a Barclays. I was going for an Apple ogriginally, but after BCP success, decided to aim a bit higher...I want to buy a lap top and the 12 months 0% is the same, plus I feel like it got me a higher limit.  Anyway, as I intend to make a purchase and will carry a balance for a bit, I'd liek to hold on to that $7500 CL!  I do agree with the people who tend toward believing that the CLD isn't as frequent as it appears, but I thought maybe it would be helpful to try and establish a pattern, as difficult as it may be.

My thoughts are that it is dependent upon a mix of things--spend habits, credit profile, but also might have to do with the type of Barclay product. So, a survey for anyone who wants to play:

Do you have Barclays? --11/2012.

Which Product? --Barclaycard Platinum MC

How long have you had it?--2 months

Recon or Instant?--Instant

Has you account been CLD'd--Closed 2 months by them

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- 10 in last year before that

How many apps since?-- 8

Initial CL?-- $500.

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)--Requested 1 and they closed the card from the card from they're Inq...

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)-- Paid in full 5 times over 1-1/2 months...

Score?-- 660 HP TU. SP on Exp when closed by grantor... This was a credit builder..

The best I can figure, Barclays doesn't like it, in general, when they make no interest off of their members.  Their higher profile/more prime products seem to get the axe less.  They are sensitive to changes in credit report, especially new account inquiries.

Hoping we can find some sort of a pattern...I'm hoping to not be AA, but I knew the risks, so mainly just curious...I like puzzles!  Plus, maybe this will help new applicants and establish some sort of a pattern.

I complained with the consumer financial bureau against them for closing my card because I believe it was because I filed a complaint against a very Rude supervisor and the day after my card was closed no reason.. I was trying to dispute a charge and they wouldn't do it they said that dept was closed then I asked for a super and he was very nasty with me. I had a pending credit line increase request and they closed my tiny $500 builder out... But 1 month later after closure I got a $4000 sears MC to replace it and a Chase card...

Starting Score: TU:599 EXP: 596 EQ: 595 Starting Year 2009
Current Score: TU:715 (685 FAKO) EXP:647 (673 FAKO) EQX: 637 (FAKO 615) - All on 04/24/13 In the garden until 05/2014 because too many inq and low AAoA 1.4 mo. My BK chap 7 will be 4 yrs old July 2013
Goal Score: 760+ across the board by next year July 2014 5 yrs after BK

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}