Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Payment posting time.

tag
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

Barclays Payment posting time.

I made my first payment to Barclays' and it shows payment on hold even though it shows my balance as the payment being included but available balance is not including the payment and it says payment on hold. How long do they hold it for?

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Maldanado
Valued Member

Re: Barclays Payment posting time.

7 business days if you allow them to..... But you can call in and get the hold released if the funds are already withdrawn from your bank account.

Starting Score: 628EQ 597TU
Current Score: 690EQ 662TU 669EX (lender pull)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Poozie121
Contributor

For me it is available about 1-2 days after I make the payment.....
Gardening until 8/10/2014! I love this forum!!!! EX- 687 TU-688 EQ - 680 ...all pulls 12/2013 (myfico)
Ch 7 discharge - 12/11. Discover $6k, DCU $3k, Barclays rewards $3k, Barclays Sallie Mae $3k Sony Visa $2500 Capital One Quicksilver $5 Capital One Venture One $3k, best buy mastercard1000

Message 3 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

@nursepower wrote:

I made my first payment to Barclays' and it shows payment on hold even though it shows my balance as the payment being included but available balance is not including the payment and it says payment on hold. How long do they hold it for?

since it is your first payment, they're "freezing" it temporarily while they make sure they're really getting paid.

It can take your bank up to 10 days to clear the payment, and barclays may put it on hold until payment is actually cleared. Hence, it really depends on how fast / slow your bank is. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 6
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

even if its already been taken from my bank account? will they only do this on the first payment?

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

even if its already been taken from my bank account? Yes. It is to somewhat prevent you from calling your bank and then filing a chargeback. They just want to give a small time window to check if the bank account holder will file any sort of chargebacks.  will they only do this on the first payment? Usually they will hold any payment that falls out of your usual pattern. The first payment generally gets held simply because the pattern has yet to be established. If you are trying to make a payment from another bank that you had never used to pay your CC with previously, or that you're trying to make a large payment that is outside of your pattern, they may hold it again.

answered in red.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.