Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Prequal - Is recommended a pre-approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Prequal - Is recommended a pre-approval

I wouldn't cold app Barclays, not with those scores.  When I applied my scores were north of 650, 4 major credit cards, 4 store cards, 100% on time payments, and AAoA is 5.2 and they declined me because they "wanted to see a stronger credit history." 

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

NOOOOOOO...I told you in private PM, Barclays wants 6 months CC history First!! ugh...why does no one listen to me? I feel like Im talking into the freaking universe!!!

I listen to you. In fact, I hang on every word.

Message 12 of 21
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

NOOOOOOO...I told you in private PM, Barclays wants 6 months CC history First!! ugh...why does no one listen to me? I feel like Im talking into the freaking universe!!!

You'll need a michrophone lol Smiley Happy

People PM me all the time for advice on rebuilding, but when I tell them what to do, they dont listen!!  Im not giving advice any longer, at lest not in PM's anymore!!!

Pizza I need advise on many things in life.. Dang it, no PM's Smiley Sad..Shucks Smiley Tongue

@OP honestly get your scores in the 620-640 range before even considering Barclay's.  Not really sure what is wrong with you credit, but it needs to be addressed.  I might suggest the rebuilding sub-forum for helps with your woes.  Best of luck on your journey to building/re-building.  Especially if you are just out of BK7 as I just looked back in your signature.. Take Pizza's advise minus the store cardsSmiley Happy as you can see how well she has done in her rebuild.

hahah, whatever CC, Ill give you advice over dinner at the RITZ!!  LOL...and yes, OP DOES need a store card in his mix when hes able to get one and one that he would use.  We all know that FICO scoresus for different types f credit retail and major and installments. So, OP later down the road should get one store card to add to the mix.

Message 13 of 21
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

I listen to you. In fact, I hang on every word.

LOL...you are sooo funny!!! Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

You'll need a michrophone lol Smiley Happy

People PM me all the time for advice on rebuilding, but when I tell them what to do, they dont listen!!  Im not giving advice any longer, at lest not in PM's anymore!!!

Pizza I need advise on many things in life.. Dang it, no PM's Smiley Sad..Shucks Smiley Tongue

@OP honestly get your scores in the 620-640 range before even considering Barclay's.  Not really sure what is wrong with you credit, but it needs to be addressed.  I might suggest the rebuilding sub-forum for helps with your woes.  Best of luck on your journey to building/re-building.  Especially if you are just out of BK7 as I just looked back in your signature.. Take Pizza's advise minus the store cardsSmiley Happy as you can see how well she has done in her rebuild.

hahah, whatever CC, Ill give you advice over dinner at the RITZ!!  LOL...and yes, OP DOES need a store card in his mix when hes able to get one and one that he would use.  We all know that FICO scoresus for different types f credit retail and major and installments. So, OP later down the road should get one store card to add to the mix.

I have 4 CC's and I am assuming it would be a good idea to add a store card to the mix since you mentioned it! 

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

I feel you pizza! It's how I feel sometimes too when I read certain threads asking for advice.  Y'all know the ones I'm talking about. The person has already made up his/her mind about an issue but wants someone to tell them "yeah go ahead and do it."

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

they instantly  approved me with a 582 score.. chapter 13 and 1 month of payment history with a $500 sl rewards card. The Pre approval link only gave me a recommend arrival+ card.  Listen to these guys though i only cold app'd because i wante a rewards card to rebuild with.

Message 17 of 21
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

This is the Universe talking,   We can't hear you Pizza, til you get  a NASA CC

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get the "Congratulations, You're pre-selected for this Barclaycard offer." with the "accept now" button, but no APR is given. Do I need to click "accept now" in order to se the APR?

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

CC, maybe if you take her out for the steak dinner, she will relent. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.