Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Product Change

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

Barclays Product Change

I have the US Airways CC but the Barclays Rewards CC would fit my needs better.

Is it possible to do a product change with Barclays? If so, what is the best method. Thanks.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays Product Change

I product changed my US Airways to Arrival -  You just call them and ask them for a product change.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 2 of 15
John060675
Valued Contributor

Thank you.  I just tried and they converted me to the Rewards CC.  Because I have a low $500 CL, I tried for a CLI.  I knew it was a long shot and it was a HP, but I went for it anyway.  Denial.

I am happy with the product change though.

Message 3 of 15
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@Changingmantra wrote:

I product changed my US Airways to Arrival -  You just call them and ask them for a product change.

Was it instant change ? Does your online profile shows new product already ? Do you get to keep same account number ?

Message 4 of 15
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Well, I just called and PC-ed US Airways to Rewards MC. It's not instant, it will take some time and the rep said the account number will change.
Message 5 of 15
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

@Platinum wrote:

@Changingmantra wrote:

Was it instant change ? Does your online profile shows new product already ? Do you get to keep same account number ?

Yes, it was instant -  The Arrival card showed up in my online account before I got the card, maybe just a day or two later.   I cannot remember if they changed the account number - (it was a few months ago) but they did not change the opening date; the Arrival Premier has my US Airways opening date on my credit reports.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 6 of 15
John060675
Valued Contributor

My online account still shows the US Airways CC, but it has a pop up screen asking me to activate my new CC.  I have not received it in the mail, but I am sure the online information will reflect my new CC when I activate it.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Message 7 of 15
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

For those of you who got the PC, how much spend/usage did your US Air card get? I have two of them and attempted to call and request a PC; was told that only certain accounts are eligible for a product change. Could not get any more information than that. 

Message 8 of 15
John060675
Valued Contributor

My usage was very lite.  Of course, I only have a $500 CL, and they have not bumped it in 5 years. 

Message 9 of 15
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

ouch that sounds like capitol one.....making me scared for my barclay card

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.