Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays RECON SUCCESS!!!

tag
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

Barclays RECON SUCCESS!!!

Just did a barclays recon and the first guy i talked to declined my application so i called back Smiley Happy and talked to a very nice lady named Dawn and she apprloved me for $2,000!!!!

VERY HAPPY!!!

THAT WILL BE MY THIRD RECON IN 2 DAYS SO FAR I HAVE RECONED:

CITI: $3,000

DISCOVER: $1,000

BARCLAYS $2,000

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
teenastie
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays RECON SUCCESS!!!

That's awesome Timmis!

If you don't mind me asking what are your Fico scores? What were the reasons for the denial? Any baddies on your CR?

Thanks! I currently have an application pending with Barclays

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mind if I ask how Discover played out? I was just denied & I am thinking of doing a recon.
Message 3 of 21
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

@teenastie wrote:
That's awesome Timmis!

If you don't mind me asking what are your Fico scores? What were the reasons for the denial? Any baddies on your CR?

Thanks! I currently have an application pending with Barclays

My EQ is 675

The reason for denial was they said my balances were to high but when i called i explained to her the situation and explained how i pay way more then the minimum she understood i was being responsible with my credit cards and and i have no late payments on my credit report!

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats awesome!! Congrats!! I just called for recon this week myself and got $1500!

Message 5 of 21
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you mind if I ask how Discover played out? I was just denied & I am thinking of doing a recon.

I called and talked to a lady and she said she couldnt give me the offer i saw online but she could offer me a slightly different one, but it still has no interest on balance transfers but the interest rate is slightly higher.

Message 6 of 21
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@timmis1127 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I called and talked to a lady and she said she couldnt give me the offer i saw online but she could offer me a slightly different one, but it still has no interest on balance transfers but the interest rate is slightly higher.

What type of interest/credit limit are we talking here?

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 7 of 21
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@timmis1127 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

she gave me $1,000 credit limit and i believe 19.99%. I could be mistaken though Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 21
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@timmis1127 wrote:

she gave me $1,000 credit limit and i believe 19.99%. I could be mistaken though Smiley Indifferent

I'd snap that sucker up...foot in the door, right? Interest may come down and CL go up over time.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@timmis1127 wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@timmis1127 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats still not a bad way to get your foot in the door with Discover. I've heard of people getting very smally starting limits and after just a few months a decent sized CLI or Interest rate reduction

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.