Valued Member
keysoflife

Barclays RECON worked - Priceline Visa APPROVED!

[ Edited ]

edited to add: Barclays Recon working, hope that helps someone!

After doing an obsessive amount of researching, I pulled the trigger on a Barclays Priceline Visa app and got denied for several reasons... mostly that I have a few baddies on my report... two CCs settled with CAs for less than full amount (BoA Visa and HSBC Best Buy card), and a CA (also settled).

All were from 2 years ago.

Current cards:
- Orchard unsecured card ($400 CL, opened 6/10), no lates, low util (less than 5%)

- Amazon GEMB store card ($800 CL, opened a few days ago), had $670 in cart - qualified for financing offer

Called the Barclay's backdoor number and was APPROVED for $1,000!

Their main concern was the baddies - I didn't even have to explain the high util (due to the Amazon store card).

Woohoo! :smileyhappy: I'm beyond thrilled - Honestly, were it not for this board's existence, I wouldn't have even gotten those last two cards, nor even known how to go about the backdoor route, or even DREAMED i could get a decent CC with a decent limit at this point in my financial rebuilding... :smileyhappy:

So a huge THANK YOU to all of you. :smileyhappy:

---
Starting Score 6/8/11:FICO: 662
Current Score 6/17/11:EX (PLUS): 577 | EQ: 647 | TU (FAKO): 660
Current Score 7/17/11:EX (PLUS): 673 | EQ FICO: 676 | TU (TransRisk): 632 | VantageScore: 734
Goal Score:700+
Established Contributor
UFGuy2006

Re: Barclays - Priceline Visa APPROVED!

keysoflife wrote:

After doing an obsessive amount of researching, I pulled the trigger on a Barclays Priceline Visa app and got denied for several reasons... mostly that I have a few baddies on my report... two CCs settled with CAs for less than full amount (BoA Visa and HSBC Best Buy card), and a CA (also settled).

All were from 2 years ago.

Current cards:
- Orchard unsecured card ($400 CL, opened 6/10), no lates, low util (less than 5%)

- Amazon GEMB store card ($800 CL, opened a few days ago), had $670 in cart - qualified for financing offer

Called the Barclay's backdoor number and was APPROVED for $1,000!

Their main concern was the baddies - I didn't even have to explain the high util (due to the Amazon store card).

Woohoo! :smileyhappy: I'm beyond thrilled - Honestly, were it not for this board's existence, I wouldn't have even gotten those last two cards, nor even known how to go about the backdoor route, or even DREAMED i could get a decent CC with a decent limit at this point in my financial rebuilding... :smileyhappy:

So a huge THANK YOU to all of you. :smileyhappy:

Congrats. Make sure to treat them well and they will return the favor!

FICO: EX: 743 (10/14); TU: 758 (9/14); EQ 721 (9/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 3 | Citi X 7 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | Macys X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 36 Cards

Holding off apps until the end of the year! Wish me luck!
Valued Member
keysoflife

Re: Barclays - Priceline Visa APPROVED!

Thanks UFGuy! I definitely will... I learned my lesson the hard way back when I lost my job and all those CAs were hunting me down!

And I can't help but love the fact that the CC that secured the return to a better financial future has William Shatner on it, haha. :smileyhappy:

Now all I have to worry about is that Amazon store card... Is it too soon to ask GEMB for a CLI?

I'm worried about that high util since that caused a HUGE drop in my FICO. :smileysad:

---
Starting Score 6/8/11:FICO: 662
Current Score 6/17/11:EX (PLUS): 577 | EQ: 647 | TU (FAKO): 660
Current Score 7/17/11:EX (PLUS): 673 | EQ FICO: 676 | TU (TransRisk): 632 | VantageScore: 734
Goal Score:700+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}