Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Recon After Denial

tag
Emeraldautomotive
New Contributor

Barclays Recon After Denial

Is It Worth Callindg A Second Time To Recon On The Barclays Apple Card. Called the day i apped and was told too many inquires and to many accounts to new. any suggestion would be a big help. Thank You

Life is about decisions good ones and bad ones, we will prosper when we make more good ones than bad ones.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays Recon After Denial

Yes you should call again.... It's worth a shot

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 2 of 5
missjae
Established Contributor

@Emeraldautomotive wrote:

Is It Worth Callindg A Second Time To Recon On The Barclays Apple Card. Called the day i apped and was told too many inquires and to many accounts to new. any suggestion would be a big help. Thank You

What did you say about that stuff the 1st time you reconned?  If you call again, know what you're going to say about that stuff should they bring it up.  Being totally prepared for a recon is what helped me be successful.

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

You can contact them again but chances are they will not budge.  If it were (1) reason provided for the declined app, then you would have a 50/50 chance.  Barclays is a tough one to crack especially if you've opened too many accounts recently (6-12 months).  Most of the time, since the previous analysts' comments/convo are documented, they pretty much stand behind the 1st decision - unless you have anything to provide that has substantially changed from the 1st review (i.e. CO removed, etc).

Message 4 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

You can contact them again but chances are they will not budge.  If it were (1) reason provided for the declined app, then you would have a 50/50 chance.  Barclays is a tough one to crack especially if you've opened too many accounts recently (6-12 months).  Most of the time, since the previous analysts' comments/convo are documented, they pretty much stand behind the 1st decision - unless you have anything to provide that has substantially changed from the 1st review (i.e. CO removed, etc).

+1 and 70% of the time denials from them are due to INQ's

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.