Did you mean: 

Barclays Recon Denied

tag
xthatgamerguyx
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays Recon Denied

Awesome advice guys.

Thank you so much.

I know I really have no revolving history - in fact, I have never had a "real" credit card in my life with the exception of a JC Penney card I had when I was 18 (I am 37 now, LOL). I have a few auto loans from years past that are reporting a late payment here and there, but they are 6+ years old.

The auto lease that the analyst mentioned was holding me up is showing several late payments in a row - in 2008. I have contacted TD Auto Finance who said they have reviewed the history and would be making the requested changes within 60 days, but they didn't say exactly what they were doing. I originally asked them to review the account for accuracy and remove some of the lates if at all possible as a measure of goodwill. I recall having that account setup on automatic payments, so I do not think their reporting is accurate. We shall see what happens.

I have a few inquiries falling off this year and a ton in 2/2013, so I think I'll wait at least 6 months before applying for a card again.

I do require a 2nd car for my family, and was thinking about trying to get approved for that since I have the income. But I am thinking I'll see high interest rates even though I have an improved score, with history coming into play there as well.

What do you think?

Thanks again for all the helpful information.

February 2012: 480 across the board (before I found this site and started working on my scores)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Scores: TU FAKO: 543 (06/16/2012) EX FAKO: 547 (06/16/2012) EQ FAKO: 528 (06/16/2012)
Current Scores:TU FICO: 639 (11/20/2012) EQ FICO: 617 (11/20/2012)
TU FAKO: 606 (8/30/2012) EX FAKO: 574 (09/04/2012) EQ FAKO: 564 (09/30/2012)
Message 11 of 21
awdsmama
Established Contributor

since the late payments are being brought up I have a question on that....

Do late payments drop off your report at any time?  I didn't know if creditors only report a certain # of months to the CRA's etc?

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 12 of 21
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@awdsmama wrote:

since the late payments are being brought up I have a question on that....

Do late payments drop off your report at any time?  I didn't know if creditors only report a certain # of months to the CRA's etc?

Late payments stays on your CR until either the account in question is dropped off from the CR or 7 1/2 years.

Message 13 of 21
ssghandless
Contributor

I have also received the dreaded denial stating:

CHECK APPLICATION STATUS

Thank you for applying.

Unfortunately, based on the information provided on your application, we are unable to offer you a Barclaycard credit card at this time.

Will calling the backdoor number help this denial?

4/5/12 TU-635 Ex-634 Eq-646 (Kroll Fact. Home loan)
9/8/10 TU-654 Ex-627 Eq-638
8/1/10 TU-629 Ex-627 Eq-638

Starting Score: 526
Current Score: 635
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 21
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@ssghandless wrote:

I have also received the dreaded denial stating:

CHECK APPLICATION STATUS

Thank you for applying.

Unfortunately, based on the information provided on your application, we are unable to offer you a Barclaycard credit card at this time.

Will calling the backdoor number help this denial?

yes, call the back door sticky number. Not everyone is approved, but most are. They'll likely ask you some questions. Good luck. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 15 of 21
ssghandless
Contributor

Oh Yeah! I was approved! Not a big limit but $500 is good for now! Thanks to everyone here. Time to go to the Garden!

4/5/12 TU-635 Ex-634 Eq-646 (Kroll Fact. Home loan)
9/8/10 TU-654 Ex-627 Eq-638
8/1/10 TU-629 Ex-627 Eq-638

Starting Score: 526
Current Score: 635
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 21
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats. It's a start. You can CLI in 6-12 mos with a HP. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 17 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ssghandless wrote:

Oh Yeah! I was approved! Not a big limit but $500 is good for now! Thanks to everyone here. Time to go to the Garden!

CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 21
BNA111
Valued Member

I recently applied for the nfl barclays card and surprisingly got approved for $500. I also applied for the barclays mastercard and got denied because of "too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance". 

Can anyone with experience pls give me advice?

I am new at this would like to increase my credit scores. Should I call the backdoor number and recon? Or just wait 6 months on my other barclays nfl card and reapply?

I also received another denial letter from Cap1 stating that I have insufficient funds, but I can submit additional information and mail it to the address provided. What sort of information do I sent them? 

Pls Help!

Thanks in advance!

Message 19 of 21
BNA111
Valued Member

oops. sorry for all the bad grammar ... -__________- 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.