Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Reward card points

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Reward card points

@MissCredit9 wrote:

Yep I did it at stand alone pharmacies. Worked at Walgreens and at Duane Reade (NYC) double points for both

Awesome!

Message 11 of 23
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

The 2x points also applies to CVS and Target.  Smiley Very Happy  This is a great card if you want to rack up points on everyday spending.

If your supermarket has a separate liquor store, i.e. Shoprite, then that is a different system and you onlly get 1 point per dollar spent.  No bonus points on BaileysSmiley Sad

Message 12 of 23
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

raked in $40.00 cash back by first statement cut. Thanks partially to 2500 bonus points, not sure where they came from.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 13 of 23
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

raked in $40.00 cash back by first statement cut. Thanks partially to 2500 bonus points, not sure where they came from.

Nice!  I got 10k bonus points.  I should have held out for your offer.

I have over $50 in cash just from pruchases in about 7 wks.  Would have had more, but I used my Discover for gas since it's a 5x pts quarter.

Message 14 of 23
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

i got 2500 not 25k now im seeing offers for 5k. u definitely got me beat.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 15 of 23
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

What about utilities? Don't you get 2X points on them as well? What do they consider utilities?

Message 16 of 23
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

This card could complement the Sallie Mae MC very nicely, what with its 2X points on cell phone and pharmacies. Does Barclaycard have any cards that offer restaurant rewards?

Message 17 of 23
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

I'm starting to really like this card.

To recap, this card gives you 2% on groceries, gas, drug stores, and cell phone bill.

A Barclaycard Rewards MC + Amazon Visa (2% on dining and office supply stores, 3% on Amazon, plus overlapping categories) would be make a pretty awesome 1-2 punch.

Message 18 of 23
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Just out of curiosity, was the 2X points at drug stores a promotional offer or do you get 2X at drug stores all the time?

Message 19 of 23
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

I have always gotten them. No promotion that I know of. I was suprised the first time I noticed that I got double points for those transactions.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.