Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Rewards CLD

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Rewards CLD

Lmaoo @grillandwinemaster u sure don't wanna know bout my screen name 😂😂😂. But hey guys here's an update: so I called these fellaz up supposedly their credit portfolio team. Got a gentleman who picked up and ya know the conversation didn't go quite well. Bottom line is my utilization triggered the CLD; nothing was actually mentioned about the collection. My current individual utilization is at 20% (or 16% if u count a $30k AMEX I'm an AU on) and majority of the total balance ($28k) comes from promotional rates spread across 5 accounts including Sallie Mae/Commence. He collected my income data and told me he was gonna do a soft inquiry while he placed me on hold. After a few minutes, he returns and basically said I need to pay off those balances before he can reinstate my limit. But I refuse to pay them early just so I can get a toy $1500 reinstatement. He was like when u first got this card few years ago, you only had a couple hundred dollars in balances but now it's skyrocketed to over $25k yada yada. I'm like boy bye, you ain't in my wallet so don't school me on how to manage my finances then I hung up. That card shall ever remain in the drawer till eternity! I'm done with Barclays they can go take a long ass walk on a short pier 😡😡😡

Message 11 of 17
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@pip3man wrote:

@Lmaoo @grillandwinemaster u sure don't wanna know bout my screen name 😂😂😂. But hey guys here's an update: so I called these fellaz up supposedly their credit portfolio team. Got a gentleman who picked up and ya know the conversation didn't go quite well. Bottom line is my utilization triggered the CLD; nothing was actually mentioned about the collection. My current individual utilization is at 20% (or 16% if u count a $30k AMEX I'm an AU on) and majority of the total balance ($28k) comes from promotional rates spread across 5 accounts including Sallie Mae/Commence. He collected my income data and told me he was gonna do a soft inquiry while he placed me on hold. After a few minutes, he returns and basically said I need to pay off those balances before he can reinstate my limit. But I refuse to pay them early just so I can get a toy $1500 reinstatement. He was like when u first got this card few years ago, you only had a couple hundred dollars in balances but now it's skyrocketed to over $25k yada yada. I'm like boy bye, you ain't in my wallet so don't school me on how to manage my finances then I hung up. That card shall ever remain in the drawer till eternity! I'm done with Barclays they can go take a long ass walk on a short pier 😡😡😡

Seems like a lot of effort for naught.  If you don't need the zero balance TL, maybe you should just combine what's left into your old SM and be done with the Rewards card.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear M-E. Barclays started balance chasing me last year so once I paid off my accounts I closed them down completely, waited six months and got a Hawaiian Air card with $20k SL instantly. So no harm in shutting down the toy limit card. 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pip3man wrote:

@Lmaoo @grillandwinemaster u sure don't wanna know bout my screen name 😂😂😂. But hey guys here's an update: so I called these fellaz up supposedly their credit portfolio team. Got a gentleman who picked up and ya know the conversation didn't go quite well. Bottom line is my utilization triggered the CLD; nothing was actually mentioned about the collection. My current individual utilization is at 20% (or 16% if u count a $30k AMEX I'm an AU on) and majority of the total balance ($28k) comes from promotional rates spread across 5 accounts including Sallie Mae/Commence. He collected my income data and told me he was gonna do a soft inquiry while he placed me on hold. After a few minutes, he returns and basically said I need to pay off those balances before he can reinstate my limit. But I refuse to pay them early just so I can get a toy $1500 reinstatement. He was like when u first got this card few years ago, you only had a couple hundred dollars in balances but now it's skyrocketed to over $25k yada yada. I'm like boy bye, you ain't in my wallet so don't school me on how to manage my finances then I hung up. That card shall ever remain in the drawer till eternity! I'm done with Barclays they can go take a long ass walk on a short pier 😡😡😡

Absolutely hilarious!!! On a more serious note, I'm sorry this happened to you. Barclay's strikes again... smh...

Quick sidebar - I am glad to see that I'm not the only only one who checks their accounts daily. 😉

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You just said something amazing. Remember how everyone says FICO credit scores have no memory? That is rotten that Barclays can see how much you owed years ago and compare data to now and have the upper hand when you call in. I've been on this forum for two and a half years and I have never seen anyone discuss that lenders keep a record and F with you with it.

This is probably the 12th time that I call Barclays a psycho ex-girlfriend which she is

Message 15 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You just said something amazing. Remember how everyone says FICO credit scores have no memory? That is rotten that Barclays can see how much you owed years ago and compare data to now and have the upper hand when you call in. I've been on this forum for two and a half years and I have never seen anyone discuss that lenders keep a record and F with you with it.

This is probably the 12th time that I call Barclays a psycho ex-girlfriend which she is

"Scores have no memory" is usually said about utilization, says nothing about how issuers may choose to store and use data from the CR!

Given the love of data mining, I would be very surprised if more and more issuers DIDN'T store at least some data from soft pulls, allowing them to use whatever algorithms they like to go beyond just score.

Several issuers that show a FICO score on the website will also show FICO Score history.   I don't know if that is a FICO feature or because the issuers are storing that data themselves, but either way, basic trend information is easily available

Message 16 of 17
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

Can you see how Barclay's would view this as risk, and want to limit thier exposure?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.