Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Rewards Card Late Payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Rewards Card Late Payment

I missed a payment this month and Mint reminded me after I incurred a $25 late fee.  I've looked around online and found the general consensus to be that usually you have to be late for 30 days for a late payment to report, BUT that's not a hard a fast rule.  I, of course, paid immediately after noticing the oversight which is 5 days after the due date and per the recommendations I found, I called Barclays and asked them to remove the late fee, which the lady said they would.  She also mentioned that Barclays will usually report a late payment after 60 days, so there was no need for me to be worried.  Also, I'm rocking about $1,500 on this card which was a 0% balance transfer, but she confirmed that making a late payment won't forfeit my 0% offer mid-term.  The only negative I was told would be that I incurred the late fee, which she said would be waived (after I already paid it).

What your experience with late payments getting reported?  Am I in the clear?  I have 0 baddies currently and want to keep it clean.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays Rewards Card Late Payment

I had the same thing happen on the same exact card, also with a $1500 credit line. It was right after the 0% period ended and I just told them I hadn't set up autopay yet and lost track of time. They waived the fee and it was never reported as a late. I believe I was only a few days late though. I was able to get it waived via secure message rather than calling, FYI.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO...autopay is the key...I have all of my cards setup for autopay which I don't always use but it is there just in case I forget to do it manually...Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@barthooper wrote:

I had the same thing happen on the same exact card, also with a $1500 credit line. It was right after the 0% period ended and I just told them I hadn't set up autopay yet and lost track of time. They waived the fee and it was never reported as a late. I believe I was only a few days late though. I was able to get it waived via secure message rather than calling, FYI.

Oh good, I hope I have the same result.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

IMO...autopay is the key...I have all of my cards setup for autopay which I don't always use but it is there just in case I forget to do it manually...Smiley Happy

You're right.  In the past I've had everything on autopay, but I figured, wrongly, I could rely on myself to make manual payments.

Message 5 of 8
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

You're definitely in the clear as far as your credit report is concerned.  You will remain unblemished...

However, your late payment will definitely remain in Sir Barclays internal memory.  This may or may not affect you in the future for cli's and such.  

The good news is nobody else will ever know, besides Sir Barclay. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

You're definitely in the clear as far as your credit report is concerned.  You will remain unblemished...

However, your late payment will definitely remain in Sir Barclays internal memory.  This may or may not affect you in the future for cli's and such.  

The good news is nobody else will ever know, besides Sir Barclay. 

As if Sir Barclay wasn't tight enough as it is with the credit limits...

Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Becareful to take the word of a CSR as gospel. Its been established(hypothetically, of course) often times one's favorite color is red while the other's is blue all the while working for the rainbowSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.