Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Rewards MC pc to Arrival Plus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Rewards MC pc to Arrival Plus?

So I called Barclays yesterday inquiring about a SP cli for my rewards card I've had for 8 months. It's @ $1500 CL and util is >20%. They did not offer me a SP cli but offered to upgrade my current rewards card to the Arrival Plus. Is this upgrade worth it? I don't travel much and I know that's a travel card, however, as far as 'credit profile' and my standing with Barclays, would this at all be worth upgrading to?

I know the rewards mc is the easiest of them all to get approved for, so didn't know if the arrival plus meant anything...

thank you all!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Rewards MC pc to Arrival Plus?

My fingers twitch for the Arrival. 

IMO one of the better travel cards based on rewards points earned on travel expenses...and...parking counts. I pay for employee parking. OH THE POINTS.

of course, PC normally loses any sign up bene's Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Not worth it as an AF and most valueable part of the Arrival plus is the sign-up bonus and if you aren't getting that the PC is pointless IMO.  If they offer you a signup version on the PC, then it is something to consider.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Not worth it as an AF and most valueable part of the Arrival plus is the sign-up bonus and if you aren't getting that the PC is pointless IMO.  If they offer you a signup version on the PC, then it is something to consider.

Thank you for the heads up..!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for the Arrival and got approved and didn't appyly for the Arrival+ due to the AF. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe see if they'd PC to the Arrival (no AF) rather than the Arrival +? 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went the other way as I owned the Arrival+ and recently PC'ed to the Rewards card.  IMO, most (if not every) cards will fit a certain niche of customers.  With that said, the recent changes in the benefits of the Arrival+ did not match very well with my spending habits...throw in the AF of $89 (which I paid already) and it was an easy decision to walk away and PC.

Earlier, you mentioned that you do not travel much.  The only way to get the ~2.1% redemption rate is to redeem against travel charges.  That's really hard to do if you do not travel Smiley Wink

Making things even tougher, the minimum redemption amount is now $100 (up from $25).  That part was the killer for me since I never had travel charges that met this amount (I have a CSP for scheduled travel purchases).

My advice is to really think about your spending habits and see if you come out ahead.  Marketing says that the Arrival+ has "more prestige" but prestige means nothing if you if can't take advantage of the benefits to put money back in your pocket.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking that I can app for the Arrival card in January. If approved, then transfer my Apple card and Rewards card to that. I want to start going on carnival cruises every year with my wife.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking that I can app for the Arrival card in January. If approved, then transfer my Apple card and Rewards card to that. I want to start going on carnival cruises every year with my wife.

Sorry if this is a hijack.  Barclays has a Carnival Cruise card.

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/aboutbarclaycardus/prodsresource_products.html

Message 9 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Arrival+ is a nice card. Barclay's pre qual site is back up, and they have me pre selected for the A+

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.