Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Rewards Mastercard

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays Rewards Mastercard

Eh......I get what your saying but Barclays is almost a shoe in for recon.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Eh......I get what your saying but Barclays is almost a shoe in for recon.

+1 just tell them you want a person to confirm your credit report and answer any questions they may have, you maybe surprised of the approval

Message 12 of 18
jcastellanos212

I just recently applied for barclays rewards mastercard and got denied. I thought they were very generous in lending to people with rebuilding their credit. 

I have a BK discharged on 03/2012 and have 1 Cap one unsecured card with CL of 500, credit union unsecured CL 500 and Orchard bank (now cap one) with a 300 CL.

can anyone give any insight on the back door number for recon for barclays? 

656 Equifax

651 trans

640 experian

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 13 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

Call this number for Barclays: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst)

The rewards mastercard has 2 versions, 1 of excellent credit history, 1 for good credit history. Did you apply for the right one? http://www.aboutbarclaycardus.com/prodsresource_products.php

The excellent version usually requires an almost spotless credit report or better.

I am not too familar with how lenient / stringent Barclays is exactly as well so I can't really give you advice on that. Best of luck with your recon call!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 18
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@jcastellanos212 wrote:

I just recently applied for barclays rewards mastercard and got denied. I thought they were very generous in lending to people with rebuilding their credit. 

I have a BK discharged on 03/2012 and have 1 Cap one unsecured card with CL of 500, credit union unsecured CL 500 and Orchard bank (now cap one) with a 300 CL.

656 Equifax

651 trans

640 experian

Hey jcastellanos212!

Welcome to the forums.

Having just discharged a BK 3 months ago, it is very unlikely that Barclays with approve you, even on recon.  But I would still try.

My suggestion is to give all of us your current credit profile and let us make some recommendations to you that might better get you in the door with creditors.

Good luck with the recon!

There are a lot of good creditors out there that are BK friendly.  Your's is very newly discharged. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 15 of 18
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Just one more thing.... you might do better to start your own thread regarding approval opportunities to grow your profile.

This particular thread is over 1 year old. Smiley Happy

Again, good luck with your recon!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 16 of 18
jcastellanos212

Thank you very much for the telephone number.

I was able to speak with them and they stated that even though my credit is getting better, they need more months of history to be able to approve the card. They stated that they would suggest at least another 6 months since the BK was discharged as of 3/2012.

I've taken the hit on the inquiry, so asking them to recon wasn't such a bad option. 

very helpful.

Thank you =]

Message 17 of 18
jcastellanos212

thank you 'improvingmycredit' 

when you state give credit profile.. what exactly does this entail? 

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@jcastellanos212 wrote:

656 Equifax

651 trans

640 experian

Hey jcastellanos212!

Welcome to the forums.

Having just discharged a BK 3 months ago, it is very unlikely that Barclays with approve you, even on recon.  But I would still try.

My suggestion is to give all of us your current credit profile and let us make some recommendations to you that might better get you in the door with creditors.

Good luck with the recon!

There are a lot of good creditors out there that are BK friendly.  Your's is very newly discharged. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.