Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Rewards SP CLI after 1 month and Chase Southwest Visa Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Rewards SP CLI after 1 month and Chase Southwest Visa Questions

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Okay so, I've only had my Barclays Rewards MC for exactly one month, and I've mostly used it for BT purposes and a few swipes here and there. I made a small payment (more than the minimum though) and plan on making another more substantial payment this week when I get paid. My question is, would it be remotely possible for an SP CLI yet? If not, I'm thinking of burning an HP (which would be on TU, correct?) and asking for at least $1.5k more. Reason being, I want to buy my mom a vacation for her birthday. It's been a LONG time since she last had a vacation. I really want to give that to her. So what I was thinking of doing was paying for everything with my Venture (for miles as well as to meet spend for bonus) and then BT it over to my Barclays (to avoid paying interest since there's no 0% offer on the venture). The only problem is my Barclays doesn't have enough CL to hold both my current transfer and this new one ($2k limit, sitting at $1.6k balance, however that will come down to about $700 shortly). This trip will probably run me around $2k. What do you all think my odds of getting my CLI approved are with a 723 TU and ~19% utilization in case an HP is needed? My TU when I initially applied was around 680.

As for the chase card part, that card is actually on my radar in the near future anyway. This is my plan B in case plan A above doesn't work out. My plan for this card would be to apply (and hopefully get approved) and then charge the trip to this card (I prefer to fly southwest anyway) and I believe there is a $10k points sign on bonus if I apply through the southwest site which would go a long way towards cutting the cost down so at least that way I wouldn't have to BT as much.

Any and all insight is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a Discover It?

Message 11 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Rewards SP CLI after 1 month and Chase Southwest Visa Questions

Nope. Tried to apply for one and got denied.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.