Did you mean: 

Barclays Rewards denial even after Recon

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Rewards denial even after Recon

@chalupaman wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Well last week. Was post. Guy called recon dept 14 times. They finally said. Here's a bone. 500. No go away. Smiley Happy

Could you post a link? Think I missed it. I also remember someone saying that they reconned Discover a ton of times and finally got a card from them.

@chalupaman.

you were correct. that was a person talking of Discover. not barclays. i found the link. here.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/I-m-in-with-Discover-after-14-recon-phone-...

Message 41 of 80
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Well last week. Was post. Guy called recon dept 14 times. They finally said. Here's a bone. 500. No go away. Smiley Happy

Could you post a link? Think I missed it. I also remember someone saying that they reconned Discover a ton of times and finally got a card from them.

@chalupaman.

you were correct. that was a person talking of Discover. not barclays. i found the link. here.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/I-m-in-with-Discover-after-14-recon-phone-...

Amazing.  14 times in a 24 hour period.  I am going to pound Barclays until they say yes.

Starting score from CU: (11/13) 520
Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Goal Score: (Oct '15) 700+
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 42 of 80
taxi818
Super Contributor

Ooh you read that link. Wow. Is all I can say. I would not recommend. But each his own. I would just get foot in door and get in that way. But. That person just really wanted a discover. I'm surprised they did not cry. Lmao
Message 43 of 80
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

(Update)-Still Denied after 3 Recons- Barclays Rewards denial even after Recon

I called Barclays again this morning and spoke with a guy this time.  He was nicer and more up front than the previous 2 reps that denied me.  He basically told me that he saw all the notes from the previous 2 analysts and said that there is nothing he can do to approve me.  He said he has no authority to change anything and that the best advice was for me to wait a few months and apply again.  He did say in so many words that I could take a chance again and apply outright on the website, but with this current app everything has been excercised.  I asked about the Barclayscard Apple visa and he said that they look at everything on a case by case basis and to not trust rumors.  

I am going to think about this over the next couple hours and I may apply for the card again as he gave me the wink wink to do so, as this is the only shot I have since with this current app it is pretty much dead in the water.  I don't think he was blowing me smoke either as I pleaded my case thoroughly and he understand my side, but said there was nothing further I could do except apply outright with another app.  

Hope my experience with this helps everyone.

Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 44 of 80
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: (Update)-Still Denied after 3 Recons- Barclays Rewards denial even after Recon

I would agree with the rep at Barclays. Only because of your tu score. But I do know that your score is more than enough f

apple card.  Especially. They are pushing the iphone 6. I think maybe even a 500 could get it with no recent baddies. 

Message 45 of 80
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: (Update)-Still Denied after 3 Recons- Barclays Rewards denial even after Recon

So I will say this is hearsay. As other member stated it may be the same hard pull. But I can't verify that. All I know. I apped rewards. Denied.  Then I apped apple. Approved with 2k. So. Ymmv. This is true case scenario. 

Message 46 of 80
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

So I will say this is hearsay. As other member stated it may be the same hard pull. But I can't verify that. All I know. I apped rewards. Denied.  Then I apped apple. Approved with 2k. So. Ymmv. This is true case scenario. 

I think I am going to app for the apple visa.  If I am denied that for some reason, even after recon, I will wait until nov/dec and reapply for the rewards.  Thanks for your help.  I'll update on how it turns out.

Message 47 of 80
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

I applied for the apple visa and it says denied as well with a letter coming in 7-10 business days.  I will call recon again.  If this fails, I will do nothing until Nov/Dec.

Message 48 of 80
taxi818
Super Contributor

I think you will be good. Don't worry. Let us know. Good luck.
Message 49 of 80
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

@celticslegends wrote:

I applied for the apple visa and it says denied as well with a letter coming in 7-10 business days.  I will call recon again.  If this fails, I will do nothing until Nov/Dec.

Ouch. Best of luck with recon.

☮ & ❤
Message 50 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.