Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Ring for DH Approved... Low CL

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Barclays Ring for DH Approved... Low CL

DH applied for this and got the 7-10 day message. 

Anyone know of a backdoor number that is open on evenings and weekends?    The number in the sticky thread said they only take calls from 8- 5 EST

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays Ring... 7 - 10 day message

DH was approved for the Barclays Ring...  with a low CL of $700

Questions:  Should he accept the initial limit garden this card?  Should he try to recon for higher starting CL?

FICO 9:

Message 2 of 23
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

I would def recon the limit. Cant hurt.

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 23
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I just did a PC from the Rewards MC to the Ring and I can honestly say that I would have him keep it. Smiley Wink  Barclaycard is very generous with CLIs and the 8% ongoing apr is AWESOME!!  

I would have him recon for a higher CL.  If he wants to be a part of a community that shapes the future of the card then I would definitely suggest keeping it and getting involved in the Ring community.  The Barclaycard Ring is a transparent organization that allows the customers to see and track company financials and statistics.  As a member of the ring community, you can vote and shape the way the card will progress in the future.  

It's awesome!  Call Ring Customer Service 1-866-269-2088 

Message 4 of 23
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

BTW, what did his credit scores and profile look like at the time of approval (if you don't mind discussing)?  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

His fakos are EX  748   EQ 696 and  TU  767 

I know these are FAKOs.  We tried to get him set up to pull FICOs here, but he couldn't pass the identity verification portion and my husband hates calling people. 

I harrassed him for 4 days before he called Barclay to check the status of the application and address their questions... He has a fraud alert... Barclay told us the app was approved, then denied by the security department, but then approved once again after verifying his identity.

(he had some identity theft on his reports, which we have since addressed and had the fraudulent accounts blocked from reporting)

FICO 9:

Message 6 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@SpecFile wrote:

I just did a PC from the Rewards MC to the Ring and I can honestly say that I would have him keep it. Smiley Wink  Barclaycard is very generous with CLIs and the 8% ongoing apr is AWESOME!!  

I would have him recon for a higher CL.  If he wants to be a part of a community that shapes the future of the card then I would definitely suggest keeping it and getting involved in the Ring community.  The Barclaycard Ring is a transparent organization that allows the customers to see and track company financials and statistics.  As a member of the ring community, you can vote and shape the way the card will progress in the future.  

It's awesome!  Call Ring Customer Service 1-866-269-2088 

Thanks!  good to know that others like the card.  I did quite a bit of research before figuring out what DH's 4th card should be.

He had 0 credit cards last year...  So last June he applied for and got an NFCU Plat with a $2500 limit just to get started.. and we paid off his high interest car loan which was through GM Financial.  He bought the Dodge in May 2011, car was PIF in March 2012. Also, I added him to 3 of my accounts as an AU...  Chase Amazon, Discover, and Amex Zync.  I added him as a co-signer to new auto loan in October (which did not affect our rate negatively since I was listed as the primary)  This year I added him to my PRG in January.

In May he applied for:

Amex PRG - Approved after passing security ID verification:  NPSL w/o Pay Over Time

Amex Blue - Declined due to Foreclosure on his credit report from 2010  (wife got the home in divorce and didn't refi it out of his name, and the note wasn't paid luckily there was positive equity and no deficiency balance owed)

Baclays - Approved today after security ID verification $700

NFCU Flagship: - Approved after moving CL over from Platinum.  5k CL

The open accounts on his report are:

Amex Zync:  Open since March 2012

Amex PRG (AU):  Open since January 2013

NFCU Auto Loan: Open since December 2012

Chase:  Open since Feb 2012  5k CL

Discover: Open since December 1999  13.5k CL

NFCU Platinum:  Open since June 2012  7k CL

NFCU Flagship: Open since May 2013  5k CL

AAoA is 5.8 Years

His TU report is clean except for foreclosure in 2010

How much should he ask for?  We were hoping for at least a 5k limit to make it worthwhile, but I don't know if that's too much to ask for. Advice is appreciated!

FICO 9:

Message 7 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats to DH..that Ring has been on and off my list too! Afaik, Barclay pulls TU so I am assuming that's why his limit is lower than expected. I believe a recon to explain the foreclosure may get him bumped up to $1500-2000 doubt it would be much more due to the derog. Assuming his income is sufficient and he gets a sympathetic ear his CLI should be approved.

Good luck!
Message 8 of 23
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Ring for DH Approved... Low CL

Is he okay with getting another HP? It's going to be another HP to recon that CL
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Barclays Ring for DH Approved... Low CL

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.