Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Ring vs Credit Union's cc

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Ring vs Credit Union's cc

I'll be honest: when I applied for my Ring card, I was not aware of even lower interest rates from credit unions. However, even though its rate is not the absolute lowest, it's still pretty low and it offers other benefits, even for people who will never transfer a balance or request a cash advance. Namely, Barclay provides your TransUnion FICO 8 score for free (worth between $5-12/mo) and the card allows for feedback to be given that reaches real company employees with decision-making powers, rather than the people who work at call centers. They also periodically offer small bonuses for having the card.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have RBFCU Low rate card @ 7.95 and my Penfed Promise @9.9. I know more than the Ring but less hassle then some of the Barclay horror stories:-)
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
I agree. My SSFCU Power MC is 7.24% apr purchases and cash advances, no balance transfer fee. Quite a few CUs with aprs lower than Ring. I just feel alot of people are unaware.

SSFCU is a great CU for low APRs.  I had the Power MC for awhile and then last year PC'd it to the Power Travels WMC at an APR of 10%.  The Power MC is great if you can qualify for the 7.24% APR.   I only switched because of the rewards and I also have a PLOC with SSFCU at 6%

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a personal preference. There will always be folks that love/hate one company over the other. You can't please everyone. It's impossible. Personally I would go with the lowest APR, but that's based on my criteria and we all navigate credit differently. All we can do is make the most informed decisions for our individual credit profiles.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.