Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Sallie Mae Dodged Chopping Block

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Sallie Mae Dodged Chopping Block

barclays gets double kudos from me for being my first experience with balance chasing me to CLD. the balance they chased steemed from a balance transfer but im sure they had their other reasons too. 

Message 21 of 46
baller4life
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone. They have certainly become my least favorite lender. Smiley Frustrated
Message 22 of 46
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Grats Baller... Curious how much they will be softing you in the futureSmiley Happy...  They leave me alone and I leave them alone although it has been 6 months since I have opened an account wtih them hmmm lol.

Message 23 of 46
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yeah I'm not gonna be worried about those stalkers CC. Smiley Very Happy I won't be opening another one of their cards period. One is enough for me!
Message 24 of 46
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Congrats.  Glad you were able to resolve the issues that you were having with Barclays. 

Message 25 of 46
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

Congrats.  Glad you were able to resolve the issues that you were having with Barclays. 

Oh it's far from resolved. But it's a start. I'm still short $10k!

Message 26 of 46
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

Oh it's far from resolved. But it's a start. I'm still short $10k!

Wow 10k. And I feel  exactly the same way about Chase right now is definitely far from over with. 

Message 27 of 46
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I see both sides of it. On one hand, in some cases Barclay's is too sensitive with people, but on the other hand, the analysts have a point. Most folks do not open 5, 6, 8, or 12 new accounts in a year, so that kind of behavior is going to stand out, and not in a good way, thus the CLD and/or account closures. Can't really blame them, it's just how they manage risk. We may find it unfair, but it makes sense (in most instances) if you think about it. People invested in credit cards as a hobby sometimes forget that to analysts, or to most people, it's not a hobby, and to them, you shouldn't be opening 5 cards every 6 months etc. Not saying it's right or wrong, just that sometimes we have to look at the perspective of the company.

This.  One may not agree with a given creditor but it's up to the creditor's critiera/risk tolerance and not the consumer.  It's also not simply a matter of X new accounts, Y inquiries, etc but one's credit profile as well.  That said, consumers are certainly free to select the creditors that they prefer to use.

@baller4life wrote:
Watch the new accounts and they may offer you a 0% bt. But the unspoken rule is they really don't want you to use too much of it.

Unspoken?  Revolving utilization is a very common topic here.  Whether or not there's a promo offer does not change the impact of revolving utilization.  It isn't just a scoring factor but a risk factor as well.

Message 28 of 46
baller4life
Super Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I see both sides of it. On one hand, in some cases Barclay's is too sensitive with people, but on the other hand, the analysts have a point. Most folks do not open 5, 6, 8, or 12 new accounts in a year, so that kind of behavior is going to stand out, and not in a good way, thus the CLD and/or account closures. Can't really blame them, it's just how they manage risk. We may find it unfair, but it makes sense (in most instances) if you think about it. People invested in credit cards as a hobby sometimes forget that to analysts, or to most people, it's not a hobby, and to them, you shouldn't be opening 5 cards every 6 months etc. Not saying it's right or wrong, just that sometimes we have to look at the perspective of the company.

This.  One may not agree with a given creditor but it's up to the creditor's critiera/risk tolerance and not the consumer.  It's also not simply a matter of X new accounts, Y inquiries, etc but one's credit profile as well.  That said, consumers are certainly free to select the creditors that they prefer to use.

I absolutely agree! They are certainly within their right to do whatever they choose as am I to not give them my business. Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to read you were able to get back the $11K from SM. sorry about your beloved Ring. What was your utilization back then?

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.