Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays T&C changes - Got the letter

tag
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Barclays T&C changes - Got the letter

Thought I saw an earlier post on Barclays terms and conditionsm, but could not locate.

Add me to the list, just got mine in the mail today and it only relates to one of my two cards with them, the Visa Black Card(no more jokes, my AF is waived for life of the card or until I miss a payment or something like that).  Which has a high credit limit and less than $500 on it right now.  And I hear it is undergoing major improvements now.

Letter dated 8/10/2015 and took 10 days to get to me?  Should have just emailed the damn thing to me or put a notice when I log on.  And I just did log on and check, nada.  Looks fine to me.

They can use whatever 3rd party company they want to try and check.  I work for a Fortune 50 company and while we do use the WorkNumber, it requires me to provide the requester with a special pin code that is only good for like 72hrs and only works once.  Something like that, I used it for my auto and mortgage loan recently. 

They said that they do not provide any info w/o my epxress consent, etc, etc.  (this from my companys intranet site)

Maybe there are different levels of service that The WorkNumber provides to clients? Maybe my company pays extra for that level of security and others don't have the process/restriction/procedure in place and can get info w/o PIN code and consent?  Just wondering.

In any event, I am good, I list only my income and round down when I do credit cards.  I don't use my wife's income either (she makes over $100K) and my income is twice what hers is and have 7+ years of taxes to prove it.

But no really happy on the whole 3rd party crap, hate my data being sold and transferred around and around like that. Big data brokers sux cause they are almost never right.  And I am in the data business too!  Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays T&C changes - Got the letter

What are you talking ABOUT ?!? . This is so all over the place.  Boring, dry, & makes no since.......

Message 2 of 9
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

What are you talking ABOUT ?!? . This is so all over the place.  Boring, dry, & makes no since.......

Guess you didn't read where I said I didn't find it. But thanks for the constructive feedback.  Have a nice day.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merlinflex, I think the thread was moved to a general Credit

Score, your comment was uncalled for.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the thread. However, it's locked from further replies...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-s-changing-of-terms-and-conditions-is-bringing-...

I just got my letter today for my Apple Rewards.

Message 5 of 9
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Irish, it's ok, everyone has a bad day! Appreciate everyone's help always.  Cheers!

Message 6 of 9
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's the thread. However, it's locked from further replies...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-s-changing-of-terms-and-conditions-is-bringing-dark-days/m-p/4181255#M1184417

I just got my letter today for my Apple Rewards.

Guess we really won't know until something happens.  I suspect I will be getting another one for my Arrival+ WEMC at some point.  They are probably just trying to make sure they have all their bases covered.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my Sallie Mae letter yesterday. They're going to do what they want to do. I did not sweat or fret over it and it was placed in file 13.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received the letter on the 18th for my Rewards MC; no mention on their website as well for the T/C changes 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.