Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Travelocity ???L?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays Travelocity ???L?

@mxp114 wrote:

American Express Network is another payment network like Discover, Visa and MasterCard. Up until several years ago, only American Express Centurion Bank issued cards on the American Express Network. Maybe one day we will see Bank of America, Citi and Chase issue cards on the Discover Network. Citi ThankYou Preferred Discover Card? Chase Sapphire Discover? Smiley Wink

Never really understood why there are co-branded cards Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 15
mxp114
Valued Contributor

AFAIK a co-branded card involves two brands, one is the issuer and the other partner. Otherwise technically the Citi AAdvantage MasterCard is a tri-branded card, so I don't think the network (A/V/MC/D) is considered.

Message 12 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

AFAIK a co-branded card involves two brands, one is the issuer and the other partner. Otherwise technically the Citi AAdvantage MasterCard is a tri-branded card, so I don't think the network (A/V/MC/D) is considered.

I guess that makes sense. I guess it has it's advantages too.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 15
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

It's a co-branded Amex. It's got the Amex logo, but the banking behind it is Barclay's. (Approvals, CLIs, etc. would all be from Barclays.) Also, NO backdating with co-branded Amex. Smiley Happy

+1

Not exactly true.   Backdating is something that American Express bank does.   Barclay bank does not back date.  

It has nothing to do with it being co-branded.  Cobranded is the store and network.

In this case, Travelocity, AMEX (network)

Ameican Express Bank has cobranded cards like   Delta Sky Miles, AMEX(network).   I believe they backdate for those.  

Just wondering..so this card does not back date correct?

Message 14 of 15
teenastie
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

It's a co-branded Amex. It's got the Amex logo, but the banking behind it is Barclay's. (Approvals, CLIs, etc. would all be from Barclays.) Also, NO backdating with co-branded Amex. Smiley Happy

+1

Not exactly true.   Backdating is something that American Express bank does.   Barclay bank does not back date.  

It has nothing to do with it being co-branded.  Cobranded is the store and network.

In this case, Travelocity, AMEX (network)

Ameican Express Bank has cobranded cards like   Delta Sky Miles, AMEX(network).   I believe they backdate for those.  

Just wondering..so this card does not back date correct?

Correct!

This card does NOT backdate and there are no membership dates associated with the account as it is backed by Barclay's bank not Amex.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.