Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays US Airways Mail 50k Mile Bonus

tag
torebuild2014
Regular Contributor

Barclays US Airways Mail 50k Mile Bonus

Does anyone know if  the Barclays US Airways mail promo pre-approved or invitations to apply? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays US Airways Mail 50k Mile Bonus

@torebuild2014 wrote:

Does anyone know if  the Barclays US Airways mail promo pre-approved or invitations to apply? Thanks

I haven't heard of any mailings but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.  I would bet some of the US Air mileage members received invites to apply.  If you're interested in the card let us know your credit score and other credit info and we can give you some idea of your chances for approval.

Message 2 of 6
torebuild2014
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@torebuild2014 wrote:

I haven't heard of any mailings but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.  I would bet some of the US Air mileage members received invites to apply.  If you're interested in the card let us know your credit score and other credit info and we can give you some idea of your chances for approval.

I received a mailing for the 50k bonus miles with 0% for fifteen months Premier World MasterCard. The offer includes the "opt out of pre-screen disclosure. It also includes language that states " Offer subject to credit approval. If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your obligations, we may not be able to open an account for you." The offer is tied to my dividend miles account number and have to apply by April 3, 2015.

i don't actually think my profile can currently support this offer, but did consider applying if preapproved. Nowhere does it state preapproved.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if it makes you feel any better, that verbiage is on all of their card offers, even the prequals. I have this card and have had good luck with it so far. I got it in November for 40k miles. I saw that they were offering 50k weeks later, so I asked them to give me 10k, and that did it.

What do your scores look like? If you got a mailer, maybe you should give it shot.

Message 4 of 6
torebuild2014
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well if it makes you feel any better, that verbiage is on all of their card offers, even the prequals. I have this card and have had good luck with it so far. I got it in November for 40k miles. I saw that they were offering 50k weeks later, so I asked them to give me 10k, and that did it.

What do your scores look like? If you got a mailer, maybe you should give it shot.

Scores in the 630-660 range. That's one of the reasons I have not apped with Barclay. The 50k miles peaked my interest though and I became hopeful that this offer may be an in with them.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think my scores are around yours when I first applied for barclay rewards card and got approved. I'd say give it a shot, barclay's pretty good with recon if you don't get approved first time.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.