cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard... APPROVED!

tag
aftermath
Established Contributor

Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard... APPROVED!

There was a promo that I've had my eye on for a while now and decided to finally jump on it before it expired.  According to everyone here they pull TU exclusively and since TU is my only 100% clean report I though I would give it a shot. TU FICO is 782.Instant approval.  They matched my highest credit line which is my Citi AAdvantage  $7500 which also was a result of a TU pull.    I heard people having great success asking for a CLI at activation as long as they had a good reason, so I'm going to try that.

Going to continue working on EX and EQ and not give up without a fight.

Just last year all I could qualify for was a $300 Capital One.

I've been slowly repairing and building and applying along the way.

Couldn't have done it without this great forum.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cf2701
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard... APPROVED!

Congrats aftermath!  Reading posts like this really help me keep the faith in my credit repair efforts. Going from a 300 CO to all that in one year is an amazing accomplishment!

If you don't mind my asking, how bad was your credit when you only had the 300 CO limit?  (Score and what type of baddies on report?)  Did you have to do a lot of cleaning up?

Again, congrats and thanks!

BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
Message 2 of 5
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Congrats!!  Word of warning... Don't apply for multiple cards in the same time frame or even come close to approaching 75% of your CL.  They will think you are in financial trouble and decrease the CL.  I have had it happen which is why I paid them off and dumped them.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 3 of 5
aftermath
Established Contributor

@cf2701 wrote:

Congrats aftermath!  Reading posts like this really help me keep the faith in my credit repair efforts. Going from a 300 CO to all that in one year is an amazing accomplishment!

If you don't mind my asking, how bad was your credit when you only had the 300 CO limit?  (Score and what type of baddies on report?)  Did you have to do a lot of cleaning up?

Again, congrats and thanks!

Thanks cf2701.

My credit was pretty bad.  3 Charge-offs, multiple 120 day late payments, 3 Collections and my scores were hovering around 580'ish.

It wasn't really the amount of cleaning up but the persistance and patience which was the most difficult part.  It wasn't a question of what I had to do because all the answers and recources to every type of credit situation is found here on the forums.  It was about actually doing it once you knew what you had to do.  Honestly to tell you the truth, it was farely easy, you just have to put a lot of effort into it... pick up that phone and make those calls, find those contacts, write those letters, find examples of how others had success, send out those disputes, learn the laws and apply them, etc. etc.

What kept my hopes up when I felt like I've hit a dead end and wanted to give up, was constantly telling myself that it wasn't about WILL IT HAPPEN but instead WHEN IT WILL HAPPEN.  Repairing your credit is a matter of time.  It will happen.  Be patient and don't give up.  It will all be worth it in the end. 

Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Message 4 of 5
aftermath
Established Contributor

@dallasjetfan wrote:

Congrats!!  Word of warning... Don't apply for multiple cards in the same time frame or even come close to approaching 75% of your CL.  They will think you are in financial trouble and decrease the CL.  I have had it happen which is why I paid them off and dumped them.

Definitely.  I've heard of how "jealous" Barclays becomes when they find out that you are sleeping around with other banks.  They either end up dumping you or vice versa. Smiley Wink

Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.