Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays US Airways Promo help

tag
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Barclays US Airways Promo help

I was just approved for this card yesterday with the 30,000 mile bonus after the first purchase. Come to find out there was a more lucrative 40,000 mile offer on the website! They are telling me I would have to re-apply for the card and cancel this one. (another HP as well) Anyone ever have luck with getting them to swap promos? I don't want to sacrifice a HP for an app that was just processed.

I was told I would need to speak to an analyst as well since the system would auto-kick out the app. With all of my new accounts I'm certain I'd be burned and have nothing. I may just keep the 30k one, but I figured I'd reach out to the myfico gurus first! Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays US Airways Promo help

Barclays just makes everything impossible and difficult to do. I think one person got the 10,000 miles as a goodwill adjustment but most are shot down.

Message 2 of 6
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Barclays just makes everything impossible and difficult to do. I think one person got the 10,000 miles as a goodwill adjustment but most are shot down.

It's funny I was thinking the same thing. Aside from the analyst department, CS is dysfunctional. I'll try for the goodwill I guess but I don't have faith...lol 

Message 3 of 6
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I'll PM you a thread that discusses this issue but you can also try the online messaging option or even twitter/facebook which seem to be more senior reps.

Message 4 of 6
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Never thought about social media. I just tried 3-4 reps and no go. Smiley Sad I'll try twitter as a last ditch and call it a day if it doesn't pan out. I've already decided that I won't sacrifice another HP. Thanks for the tips!

Message 5 of 6
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Well I need to thank mxp114 for giving me the idea to try Twitter. Issue has been resolved! I now have 10k miles sitting in my account before the 30k or AF has even been applied. I would urge anyone having issues like these to try Social Media. They put me in touch with a manager and called me directly within 24hrs. After all the frustration I have been through this was defiantly a welcomed outcome!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.