Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Us Airways Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Us Airways Card

Hi i was denied because i had to many recent accounts and inquries should i recon?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Us Airways Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi i was denied because i had to many recent accounts and inquries should i recon?

You had a hard IQ already...doesn't hurt to try.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

they did 2 hard pulls on trasunion she said my fico was in the 790-800 range and if i were to apply in 6 months i would definatley get approved.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many new accounts and how recent? I want to apply for Barclays soon.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 within the last 2 years, barclays has now pulled a total of 3 reports eq, tu and tu. 

Message 5 of 16
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

they did 2 hard pulls on trasunion she said my fico was in the 790-800 range and if i were to apply in 6 months i would definatley get approved.

If it helps, I apped for Princess Rewards and was declined. I reapped for Priceline and was approved. I than apped for their 3rd card, Apple Rewards and was approved. My TU score was very low 700s and I had no hard iq on TU. I now have 3 from Barclays.

Message 6 of 16
vish1
Valued Contributor

I used to think barclays was easy approvals, this shocks me...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 7 of 16
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

V1, it's still easy approval as long as you didn't go on a spree.  You know how they are about those.

Message 8 of 16
vish1
Valued Contributor

JR: Actually after thinking more, I agree you are totally right. 7 accounts in 2 years may be a lot for barclays.

+100

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 9 of 16
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

I had about 12 accounts in the last 12 months when I got my Travelocity Amex, $5,500 limit.  Easy approval.  

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.