cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays World Arrival Mastercard (the one with the annual fee)

tag
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

Barclays World Arrival Mastercard (the one with the annual fee)

I want this card

.... right?

Anything that compares to it? I have a 30k limit on Chase Sapphire Preferred and had been mainly planning to optimize what I can get out of that card. I need a good "travel" card though, just for the portfolio sake

It seems like Barclays World Arrival is better than CSP this year, like if you had to choose between the two.

My app spree is coming up soon if my scores are at a place where I want to spend them.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays World Arrival Mastercard (the one with the annual fee)

@gen-specific wrote:

I want this card

.... right?

Anything that compares to it? I have a 30k limit on Chase Sapphire Preferred and had been mainly planning to optimize what I can get out of that card. I need a good "travel" card though, just for the portfolio sake

It seems like Barclays World Arrival is better than CSP this year, like if you had to choose between the two.

My app spree is coming up soon if my scores are at a place where I want to spend them.

Without Freedom and its 5x bonuses, CSP by itself is just OK. But combine the two and they are great (better than arrival in my opinion) depending on your travel needs. If you fly international business or first, these are invaluable. If only domestic travel, I'd look for something else. Arrival is OK if you put enough spend on it. It is basically a cash back card that you can only use on travel related purchases, but fidelity amex at 2% cash back on everything is almost just as good unless you are putting in a lot of spend to make up the AF on the arrival at its 2.2%.

Other cards: CapOne Venture, BOA Americard Travel, any of the Chase vendor specific (marriott, southwest, united) if you use those carriers/properties. Or the new Wells Fargo Propel World if you need chip-and-pin, no ftf, $100 airline allowance and some other travel perks... But probably only if you have accounts with WF. Most of these have decent signup bonuses as well.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 2 of 4
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

I want this card

.... right?

Without Freedom and its 5x bonuses, CSP by itself is just OK. But combine the two and they are great (better than arrival in my opinion) depending on your travel needs. If you fly international business or first, these are invaluable. If only domestic travel, I'd look for something else. Arrival is OK if you put enough spend on it. It is basically a cash back card that you can only use on travel related purchases, but fidelity amex at 2% cash back on everything is almost just as good unless you are putting in a lot of spend to make up the AF on the arrival at its 2.2%.

Other cards: CapOne Venture, BOA Americard Travel, any of the Chase vendor specific (marriott, southwest, united) if you use those carriers/properties. Or the new Wells Fargo Propel World if you need chip-and-pin, no ftf, $100 airline allowance and some other travel perks... But probably only if you have accounts with WF. Most of these have decent signup bonuses as well.

Hmm, guess I should just play the signup bonus game with Arrival I guess

I'm really going to be pruning my more useless cards, the ones that won't affect my AAoA adversely and have lower limits

Message 3 of 4
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

I like the arrival but i dont have the CSP.  I am only using the Arrival until the AF hits then probably go back to the fidelity amex since no AF.  

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.