tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays advice

@red259 wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@red259 wrote:

It really depends on your immediate needs.  The US Airways card has some additional benefits (first checked bag free, $99 companion ticket) that help offset the AF.

Would you need to use all 50K miles before the merger?    There is a no AF version of Arrival with a 20K point offer.

I was just reading the companion pass is going away in 2015 and priority is going from group one to group 2 for boarding purposes. 

Hmmm,  my boarding is already at zone 2, but the loss of companion is a major bummer.  At least I got the first one. Will wait to see what is offered after merger.  This maybe a 1 yr card.

I think the card may still have value in terms of the signup bonus, but I need to be honest with myself and the 0%APR on the arrival for the first 12 months and no AF makes it a more appealing play at the moment. The arrival was on my radar for awhile anyway and I was going to likely pick it up in either Jan or June when my venture AF popped again. 

It's a very pretty card (Arrival+)

Message 11 of 16
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

It really depends on your immediate needs.  The US Airways card has some additional benefits (first checked bag free, $99 companion ticket) that help offset the AF.

Would you need to use all 50K miles before the merger?    There is a no AF version of Arrival with a 20K point offer.

I was just reading the companion pass is going away in 2015 and priority is going from group one to group 2 for boarding purposes. 

Hmmm,  my boarding is already at zone 2, but the loss of companion is a major bummer.  At least I got the first one. Will wait to see what is offered after merger.  This maybe a 1 yr card.

I think the card may still have value in terms of the signup bonus, but I need to be honest with myself and the 0%APR on the arrival for the first 12 months and no AF makes it a more appealing play at the moment. The arrival was on my radar for awhile anyway and I was going to likely pick it up in either Jan or June when my venture AF popped again. 

It's a very pretty card (Arrival+)

I'll be happy with a piece of old cardboard if they give me a high enough credit line. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

cardboard

Message 13 of 16
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

cardboard

Lol.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 14 of 16
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

cardboard

Heh. Thank you for that!

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

cardboard

Classic.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.