Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays & App Sprees

tag
Scene
Regular Contributor

Barclays & App Sprees

I am going on an application spree and one of the cards is underwritten by barclays. I have heard rumors that Barclays regularly pulls consumer credit reports for six months or so AFTER they have been accepted to check if they apply for new TLs. If they get new TLs within six months, they will immediately close the card or lower the credit limit.

Will the new card get closed down because of the new TLs (due to the app spree)?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays & App Sprees

Message 2 of 6
Scene
Regular Contributor

That poster applied for new TLs after he was approved for the Barclays card, however in my situation I am applying for about two other cards along with the Barclay AT THE SAME TIME (but choosing to app for the Barclays card last as a security measure). Now when the credit reports update, will Barclays take AA because of the new detected TLs or will it be ignored?

Message 3 of 6
Datx
Valued Contributor

IMHO, your situation is going to be the same as the other member  in the eyes of Barclays. The other member was approved for Barclays then a month later approved for a Amex card. Barclays sees this Amex account after a review as a new account and did a CLD.

In your situation, you are doing an app spree and looking to add a Barclays card in that spree. Let's say you get approved for a Barclays card today as well as other cards. Barclays will not see your other new accounts today, but they will see it later down the road when they decide to review and take a peek at your CRs. And depending if they like what they see...well you know the rest.

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I personally wouldn't worry about it, I don't think 2 other cards is a app spree.

However I would apply for Barclay FIRST... they always pull TU.

not sure what the other 2 banks you are applying for but Barclay HATES inq.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got barclay apple as the last card on first app spree in may then I went on another spree last month which I added another barclay card, the travelocity amex. I use their card a lot and PIF 4 times/month. My UTI%is always below 2% for the last three months. As of now, no adverse action on me but they just soft my EX 2-3 days ago and it is LOADED with 11 INQs. Hope they aren't freaked out by that.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.