Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays apple card denial

tag
Jmc70
Valued Member

Barclays apple card denial

Today I decided to take the plunge and apply for this card. I was instantly denied and tried to call the backdoor number but they are closed until Monday. Based on the list below, what would you say my chances of approval are? I have a 30 year mortgage- never late- opened 3/31/10 Utilization is 47% Last last payment was 2 years 9 months ago. One collection that was paid years ago still showing unpaid from AT&T wireless (currently being disputed) TU score as of today was 621. Last credit card approved was at the end of august with 1000 limit. 6 inquiries showing but three were from rate shopping for my current lease through Nissan. Any help Ould be appreciated- I don't want to call knowing I won't be approved. Thanks!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Jmc70
Valued Member

Re: Barclays apple card denial

Sorry about the typos- posted from my iphone
Message 2 of 11
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Jmc70 wrote:
Today I decided to take the plunge and apply for this card. I was instantly denied and tried to call the backdoor number but they are closed until Monday. Based on the list below, what would you say my chances of approval are? I have a 30 year mortgage- never late- opened 3/31/10 Utilization is 47% Last last payment was 2 years 9 months ago. One collection that was paid years ago still showing unpaid from AT&T wireless (currently being disputed) TU score as of today was 621. Last credit card approved was at the end of august with 1000 limit. 6 inquiries showing but three were from rate shopping for my current lease through Nissan. Any help Ould be appreciated- I don't want to call knowing I won't be approved. Thanks!

You already applied and the damage for INQ is already done. You have nothing to lose by asking for a recon but pride. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU FICO was worse than yours when I applied around 18 months ago, and I was approved, so if you ask me, you've definitely got a fighting chance at a successful recon. Like the post above says, you've got nothing to lose at this point but pride!

Message 4 of 11
Jmc70
Valued Member

What exactly do I say when I call?
Message 5 of 11
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Jmc70 wrote:
What exactly do I say when I call?

You speak politely and say I was denied for your credit card and I would like to speak to someone about a reconsideration. Once you have some one on the phone be friendly, and polite and see if what they say. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 6 of 11
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Jmc70 wrote:

I am sure its the Util.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 7 of 11
Jmc70
Valued Member

Just wanted to thank everyone for the info- called the credit department this morning and they asked me a few questions and he approved me for $1,500.
Message 8 of 11
Datx
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 9 of 11
vish1
Valued Contributor

congrats

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.