cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays auto CLI, can I move it to another card?

tag
Powahh

Barclays auto CLI, can I move it to another card?

Hi,

Got auto CLI from Barclays at 6 months mark on my SallieMae - $2500 CL to $6500. Unfortunately I could not care less about this because I only use this card for 5% categories up to a limit ($250+$250+$750). I don't need more than $1000 CL on it.

I have another Barclays card - Priceline Visa that is currently only at $3800 CL only because I started out low ($1300) and only got 2 auto CLIs during the year that I have it.

Is it possible to move part of the SallieMae CL to Priceline Visa with no HP?

Do they convert to Signature once CL is beyond $5000?

I'm assuming credit analyst backdoor is the number to call.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays auto CLI, can I move it to another card?

@Powahh wrote:

Hi,

Got auto CLI from Barclays at 6 months mark on my SallieMae - $2500 CL to $6500. Unfortunately I could not care less about this because I only use this card for 5% categories up to a limit ($250+$250+$750). I don't need more than $1000 CL on it.

I have another Barclays card - Priceline Visa that is currently only at $3800 CL only because I started out low ($1300) and only got 2 auto CLIs during the year that I have it.

Is it possible to move part of the SallieMae CL to Priceline Visa with no HP?

Do they convert to Signature once CL is beyond $5000?

I'm assuming credit analyst backdoor is the number to call.

Thanks

You can contact the regular CS number on the back of your card and ask whether your CLs can be reallocated.  Their policies fluctuate frequently so it's best to ask first.  If no dice, then you can go the credit analyst/BDN route; however, no guarantee on whether HP or SP.

As far as PC'ing to Visa Signature or WMC, it won't happen, even through the BDN/analyst route.  If your original CC was approved as a Platinum version, it will stay so for the life of the product, regardless if your CL increases above $5K.  The only exception being if you get an offer or solicitation that automatically upgrades that specific product to the next tier level.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.