Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays auto CLI

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Barclays auto CLI

So I was looking at a my barclays account to see if I could do a SP CLI and I glanced at my available credit and apparently I just recently got an auto CLI taking me from 7.5k to 12.5k. This is likely due to the fact that I transferred my balance off their card. I had been carrying around 4k on the card for the past year (I would pay it down and do new charges. The 0% apr was ending so I paid it down to 3k and then transferred the rest off the card. I also downgraded from the arrival+ to the arrival. Anyway I'm happy with the auto cli and thought I would post the datapoint. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays auto CLI

@red259 wrote:

So I was looking at a my barclays account to see if I could do a SP CLI and I glanced at my available credit and apparently I just recently got an auto CLI taking me from 7.5k to 12.5k. This is likely due to the fact that I transferred my balance off their card. I had been carrying around 4k on the card for the past year (I would pay it down and do new charges. The 0% apr was ending so I paid it down to 3k and then transferred the rest off the card. I also downgraded from the arrival+ to the arrival. Anyway I'm happy with the auto cli and thought I would post the datapoint. 

Thanks for the data point.

I'd done the same thing in late 2014. I carried around $2,800 balance on the $3k Sallie Mae for about 9 months or so; got some cash, paid it off, and the next statement they doubled the limit to $6k. 

I was actually scared that paying the balance down will lead to balance chasing but CA and others talked sense into me and since then, things have been good so far.

Message 2 of 3
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays auto CLI

@Ghoshida wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Thanks for the data point.

I'd done the same thing in late 2014. I carried around $2,800 balance on the $3k Sallie Mae for about 9 months or so; got some cash, paid it off, and the next statement they doubled the limit to $6k. 

I was actually scared that paying the balance down will lead to balance chasing but CA and others talked sense into me and since then, things have been good so far.

Yea I had been told barclays would try to balance chase me as well, but the opposite happened. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.