Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays closed credit card question

tag
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

Barclays closed credit card question

I have a best western barclays card and was hoping to get an increase. I called the customer service number and after entering my ssn and zip the automated system asked if I was calling about my "aviator red mastercard" or my best western rewards. I included in bankruptcy (ch 13 2009) a U.S. airways visa (which was actually Bank of America at the time I filed bankruptcy) so I am guessing they are just assigning that card name to my old account but the last 4 digits arent the same so I am just wondering whether this could end up showing up as a new account on my credit report?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays closed credit card question

@ttleigh wrote:
I have a best western barclays card and was hoping to get an increase. I called the customer service number and after entering my ssn and zip the automated system asked if I was calling about my "aviator red mastercard" or my best western rewards. I included in bankruptcy (ch 13 2009) a U.S. airways visa (which was actually Bank of America at the time I filed bankruptcy) so I am guessing they are just assigning that card name to my old account but the last 4 digits arent the same so I am just wondering whether this could end up showing up as a new account on my credit report?

I seriously doubt it will show up as a new open account, if its not reporting now as IIB it could until it passes 7.5 yrs from the DoFD if it was COed prior to the filing of BK or 7.5 yrs from the date the BK was filed if it was not a CO at the time BK was filed.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.