Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays closed my account...

tag
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays closed my account...

Yeah, just as the original poster did... get an updated copy of your Transunion credit report and see if Barclays have made 2 or 3 recent soft inquiries -- same pattern I experienced.  After that, my Priceline Visa along with all the Rewards points were gone.  I fought, but they don't budge.  They will allow you to reopen a new account after 6+ months in the future, but no guarantee because now you have a recently 'closed' account on your credit report.

Message 21 of 40
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

BARCLAYS BANK DELAWARE #1234567890

POB 8803
WILMINGTON , DE 19899
(866) 370-5931 

Balance: 
$96  
Date Updated: 
12/2010  
High Balance: 
$96 
Credit Limit: 
$2,600 
Past Due: 
$0 
Terms: 
Minimum $5 
Pay Status: 
Paid or Paying as Agreed  
Account Type: 
Revolving Account  
Responsibility: 
Individual Account  
Date Opened: 
10/2010 
Loan Type: Credit Card

Late Payments

2 months

0 months 30 days late
0 months 60 days late
0 months 90 days late
Last 2

Months
All months current

CREDITCARDS.COM
8920 BUSINESS PARK
AUSTIN , TX 78759
Phone number not available 

Requested On:
12/2010

BARCLAYS BANK DELAWARE
POB 8803
WILMINGTON , DE 19899
(866) 370-5931 

Requested On:
12/2010

DISCOVER FINCL SVC LLC
2500 LAKE COOK RD
RIVERWOODS , IL 60015-3851
(800) 347-2683 

Requested On:
12/2010

CREDITCARDS.COM
8920 BUSINESS PARK
AUSTIN , TX 78759
Phone number not available 

Requested On:
12/2010
earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 22 of 40
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

This is what I saw on my updated TU report regarding soft inquiries after I've had my Barclays account opened since August 2010.  In Octobor, Barclays probed my report 3 times, then it was closed soon afterwards.  FYI:  I only had an opportunity to use $80 and paid in full on first statement.  This was going to be my 2011 travel card:

BARCLAYS BANK DELAWARE
POB 8803                                              Requested On:     10/2010
Wilmington, DE 19899
(866) 370-5931

BARCLAYS BANK DELAWARE
POB 8803                                             Requested On:      10/2010
Wilmington, DE 19899
(866) 370-5931

BARCLAYS BANK DELAWARE
POB 8803                                             Requested On:      10/2010
Wilmington, DE 19899
(866) 370-5931 

Message 23 of 40
scrubs
Regular Contributor

wow. i got my juniper mc on feb 2009 with 1600 cl. june 2009 they gave me 300 dollars increase, since then only thing i did on my tu report is open a t moble account on april 2009 and nothing since. oct 2009 i did an balance transfer of 1600 dollars and came very near of going over my credit limit. on first of dec before barclay report on the 10th of the month my balance decrease to 300. after my statement cut,  barclay gave me an 1000 dollars increase.

Message 24 of 40
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

That's cool Scrubs!  Unfortunate for us, our issues are Post-Card Act of Feb 2010 I titled, 'When Banks Attack'.  I wish I was a part of the era when banks were handing out credit cards left-and-right.  Now days, they've tightened up since the Government decided to regulate.  I posted a video link in the 'Credit News' section for everyone to check out called 'The Card Game' -- good viewing!  Glad to hear some positives from your post.  I hope the OP comes back on Monday with Good News.

Message 25 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes, this is disturbing.  I just got a Barclay card the first of November when I bought my new MacBook.  I only applied for it because of the 12 months, 0% interest on Apple purchases, and I put the entire computer (just over $1600) on it. I was initially only approved for $750, which obviously wouldn't cover my purchase, so I called for recon and received $1700.  I've paid off $800 so far, and plan to pay another $500 in January and then finish it off in February - this is what I told the rep when I reconned, so I hope that's still fast enough for them.  It seems pretty illogical of Barclay's to offer a 12 month no-interest benefit then get skittish when customers take advantage of it. 

My December payment just went through last week, so I guess I'll be neurotically checking my account online in the hope I don't get a red message of my own.  Sorry for the trouble, OP.  That really sucks.

Message 26 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would bet it's the 1100.00 charge on a 1500.

credit limit.  Even though I have pretty  good credit--if

I'm going to charge something  big like 6000.00

for my neice I give them a heads up.  Never had

any problem and score did not decrease.

6% utilization on 1500. is 90.00.  You probably scared them.

Message 27 of 40
Datx
Valued Contributor

Here is the update:

My account was closed due to the amount of new INQs I have on EX after the barclays account was approved. The guy from their portfolio credit dept or whatever it called, said my account was due for a review on the 17th. They saw 5 new INQs on my EX report after I was approved for the Barclays card and found it concerning so they closed my account.  He said they did see my multiple new accounts that I opened this year at the time of approval and that was fine, but they were concerned that I continued to seek credit after my approval with them. So that was it. He said he can't re-open it at this time and suggests I don't apply for any more credit, and they like to see only 5 - 6 INQs per 12 months.

That was it. I do admit im at fault though, I have been telling myself that I need to stop applying for more credit cards (joining new CUs didnt help either) but I continued to give in on my addiction to applying for new credit and I paid the price. The thing is, I been trying to stay away from creditors that pull TU, but Barclays caught me on my EX report. I had to ask him which CR they looked at, and he did confirm it was EX. So there you go. If you have a Barclays card. They will soft you on TU and EX and possibly even EQ. Argh, if only I froze my EX report like I wanted to about 2 weeks ago. Maybe this wouldnt have happened, but then again it would probably catch up to me later on anyways. Hope this info helps to others. I already stopped applying for new credit and will not apply again until at least 12 months.

Message 28 of 40
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear about that... yeah, they got me that way also but I didn't have a choice but to turn in my Leased vehicle which led to another inquiry to get into my next car.  Dang'd if you do and Dang'd if you don't.  Either way, they are watching new accounts during the first 6 months.  All others who were approved by Barclays and apped with others, keep us posted.  It appears there's a monthly review which catches up to you around the second month.  Let us know!!!

Message 29 of 40
mross1080
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear it. You got me worried now. I had no idea they softed EX. I have nothing new on my Tu since I got mine a little over a month ago but I have 3 new inqs on EX. 1 from a credit union 1 from macys and 1 from bloomingdales. I hope they dont close me too. No more apps for me.

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.