Valued Member
tjw0783

Barclays closing accounts

Another question for the day....I had just paid off my barclays balance of 300 ( cl of 500) I went and requested a cli on the website.

I was reading around these forums about barclays and cli and im a little concerned now. I have 11 recent inquiries since I opened the barclays card. ( was on a app spree to see what I could get to try and rebuild credit after BK in 2010)  Is this request for a cli going to result in a account closure becuase of all the inquiries?

Valued Member
tjw0783

Re: Barclays closing accounts

Forgot to mention Barclays has been open since November 2012.

Frequent Contributor
Jayb5635

I've read elsewhere on these forums someone mentioned having like a half dozen inquiries within 6 months of opening an account with barclays and the account was not closed. I suspect it may be a YMMV sort of thing. Having said that, it's my understanding that they are inquiry sensitive, so I honestly cannot say what approach they will take with you. Also, they are really good about auto cli's so why not wait until you clear 6 months and see if they bump you ???

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $4500, Amex Starwood $1000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $5000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $5000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $2000, Citi Forward Visa $3800, Discover IT $5000
Frequent Contributor
jake619

Interesting.  I, too, opened Barclays in November 2012 but only added one INQ in December.  Time will tell.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Valued Member
tjw0783

I should have but thought it was worth a shot until I read all the bad reviews about them closing accounts etc.

Right after I did it, I sent a message from my account asking them not to process the request but im sure its already been done. The message I recieved when I requested the increase was that I would recieve a letter in 10 days....

We shall see I guess. I'm really hoping it doesnt because ive been reading how good their auto cli's are....shouldve waited I suppose.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

fingers crossed for you.

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Frequent Contributor
bbb3601

[ Edited ]

I have personally opened over 12 new accounts since acquiring Barclay's including a second account from them. If you use their product regularly and pif or 4-5 times minimum they seldom have issues. This was from an underwriter. As always YMMV, but I wouldn't worry!

NFCU Cash Rewards 16,500,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 10,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Valued Contributor
bs6054

A few ago I started a "poll" here to see who had experienced the dreaded barclays AA after adding other accounts.  At least 95% of the responses indicated no AA from Barclays.  I suspect this is like an Amex FR, really rather rare, but impacted people report it so it appears more common than it is.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+