cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays combining of CL's a SUCCESS!!!

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays combining of CL's a SUCCESS!!!

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

Nice!!!!!   So what made you close the  rewards card? It would seem to me that the Sallie Mae is not as good as the rewards card  unless I'm missing something.

5% off groceries up to 250 a month, 5% off gas up to 250 a month, 5% off amazon up to $750 a month then 1% thereafter?  How do they even compare?  SM trumps Rewards MC

I was just thinking of the Cap $250 on gas $250 on groceries.  You can spend up the $750 on Amazon for anything because the last time I did they told me I had to be books because of some  merchant code.  Amazon coded my last purchase some of it one way and some of it another way so I was not able to take advantage of the $750.  When I say that this is coming directly from Barclays  in the way that Amazon coded my last purchase. 

Message 11 of 19
noobody
Established Contributor

since Sallie Mae has such a low cap, high CL is not necessary especially if you do not need utility padding, reward card is a total waste, I wouldn't bother combine the card, rather leave some room for future application, like a hotel/airline card or Ring.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah my SM is at $2,500 and idc if it stays there. the 5% caps are $1,250 and i don't use the amazon one much so really i don't even use but a quarter of the card
Message 13 of 19
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@noobody wrote:
since Sallie Mae has such a low cap, high CL is not necessary especially if you do not need utility padding, reward card is a total waste, I wouldn't bother combine the card, rather leave some room for future application, like a hotel/airline card or Ring.

You hit it right on the head. 

Message 14 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Simplification? Smiley Happy  Although you logic makes sense as it is capped no need for a huge CL.  Anyways I have the SM/Ring and atm have the majority of my CL on the SM and only a few k on the ring, but will move most of CL if I ever need to carry a balance.

Message 15 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

earlier when I was speaking with manager, I asked if there were any offers available on both of my cards. SM had none, and the Rewards had an APR reduction from 24.99 to 20.9, and no upgrade to WMC, but they offered me PCto Arrival with no AF. I didn't know much about the Arrival, so I declined both!

Im good with the decision...I don't have enough spend each month anyways to really make good use of rewards cards, lol Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 19
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
earlier when I was speaking with manager, I asked if there were any offers available on both of my cards. SM had none, and the Rewards had an APR reduction from 24.99 to 20.9, and no upgrade to WMC, but they offered me PCto Arrival with no AF. I didn't know much about the Arrival, so I declined both!

Im good with the decision...I don't have enough spend each month anyways to really make good use of rewards cards, lol Smiley Happy

Please do not get me wrong I think you did the right decision for you and only you could've made that decision and I think it was the best one for you and plus you get a lower APR then 20.9 on Sallie Mae card anyway.  $90  really Barclays you could give her $10 to make it an even $100. LOL 

Message 17 of 19
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on combining your Barclays CL's!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
lol that darn $90 at the end. ugh

Tell me about it...$6550 on mine lol

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.