Regular Contributor
iwazl71

Re: Barclays credit Good or bad ??

My experience with Barclays has been pretty good so far.  Back in April of last year, I opened a US airways card in the midst of 12 card app spree.  They never lowered my limit or closed the account as I proceeded to open another 8 after that.  I ended up closing the US Airways card myself  about 3 months ago..  Earlier this month I opened another Barclays card,  the Hawaiin Airlines World Elite MC, and they gave me a 19k limit. 

Scores: EQ 754, EX 750, TU 783
Cards: 23 with 425k CL
AAoA: 3.5 years
Established Contributor
chwebb1

I've been happy with my Barclaycard Ring so far. The APR is great, the customer service is great, and I haven't experienced any flakiness with them such as shutting off my card for fraud and/or nuking my accounts for opening new accounts after them. My account with them is approximately 7 months old with them, and I opened 4 accounts after getting their card, and I closed 3 cards.

photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo ScreenShot2013-10-12at111542PM.png photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo 8BEB_SIGNATURE_VISA_CASH_REWARDS_190x124.jpg photo HNY2HNY2.png photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png photo SLM2SLM2.png
$5000 ............ $4300 ............ $4000 ............ $2750 ............ $2500 ............ $1000 ............ $1000 ............ $1000
In the Garden until at least January 2015 (hopefully).
New Contributor
JoshuaHolySpirit

I just got my first card with Barclays, their Williams-Sonoma Visa card.

No complaints thus far.

Their fraud alert systems are great to the max as I had to call them twice to clear things up, which is good-!!!

I believe, Barclays has a ''happily ever after''.:smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
striehl8212

JoshuaHolySpirit wrote:

I just got my first card with Barclays, their Williams-Sonoma Visa card.

No complaints thus far.

Their fraud alert systems are great to the max as I had to call them twice to clear things up, which is good-!!!

I believe, Barclays has a ''happily ever after''.:smileyvery-happy:

I'm waiting on my Sallie Mae card to get here. I'm chomping at the bit to start swiping. :smileyvery-happy:

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
New Contributor
mrgoattoo

Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

What is a Barclays credit card. I see that a lot of folks here have them. Is Barclays like a Amex or Discover card ?

I had never heard of them until last year.

I got an app in the mail, applied on line and got approved for $4500 immediately. Very shortly after they gave me a CLI to $7500 without my asking.

15 month 0%APR and a free FICO to boot. and 2% cash back on groceries, gas and utility bills which includes my cell bill and Roadrunner.

So far Ive got nothing bad to say about Barclay.

FirstBankCard FICO 08 - 811
Discover TUFICO - 805
BarclayCard TUFICO - 799
Regular Contributor
Reighn9

I am very interested in getting the Best Western Rewards Mastercard and the Choice Hotels Rewards Visa from Barclay's as I plan to do a lot of traveling this summer with my family. Is it better to apply online through the hotel website or call on the phone. I have been sent email invitations to apply for the Choice Visa, I don't remember about the Best Western. I would prefer the Best Western first because I would get more benefit in my normal travel.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+