Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays credit Good or bad ??

tag
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays credit Good or bad ??

My experience with Barclays has been pretty good so far.  Back in April of last year, I opened a US airways card in the midst of 12 card app spree.  They never lowered my limit or closed the account as I proceeded to open another 8 after that.  I ended up closing the US Airways card myself  about 3 months ago..  Earlier this month I opened another Barclays card,  the Hawaiin Airlines World Elite MC, and they gave me a 19k limit. 

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 41 of 46
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I've been happy with my Barclaycard Ring so far. The APR is great, the customer service is great, and I haven't experienced any flakiness with them such as shutting off my card for fraud and/or nuking my accounts for opening new accounts after them. My account with them is approximately 7 months old with them, and I opened 4 accounts after getting their card, and I closed 3 cards.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 42 of 46
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

I just got my first card with Barclays, their Williams-Sonoma Visa card.

No complaints thus far.

Their fraud alert systems are great to the max as I had to call them twice to clear things up, which is good-!!!

I believe, Barclays has a ''happily ever after''.Smiley Very Happy

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 43 of 46
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

@JoshuaHolySpirit wrote:

I just got my first card with Barclays, their Williams-Sonoma Visa card.

No complaints thus far.

Their fraud alert systems are great to the max as I had to call them twice to clear things up, which is good-!!!

I believe, Barclays has a ''happily ever after''.Smiley Very Happy

I'm waiting on my Sallie Mae card to get here. I'm chomping at the bit to start swiping. Smiley Very Happy

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 44 of 46
mrgoattoo
New Contributor

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

What is a Barclays credit card. I see that a lot of folks here have them. Is Barclays like a Amex or Discover card ?

I had never heard of them until last year.

I got an app in the mail, applied on line and got approved for $4500 immediately. Very shortly after they gave me a CLI to $7500 without my asking.

15 month 0%APR and a free FICO to boot. and 2% cash back on groceries, gas and utility bills which includes my cell bill and Roadrunner.

So far Ive got nothing bad to say about Barclay.

TU FICO average 819
Message 45 of 46
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

I am very interested in getting the Best Western Rewards Mastercard and the Choice Hotels Rewards Visa from Barclay's as I plan to do a lot of traveling this summer with my family. Is it better to apply online through the hotel website or call on the phone. I have been sent email invitations to apply for the Choice Visa, I don't remember about the Best Western. I would prefer the Best Western first because I would get more benefit in my normal travel.

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.