Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays credit Good or bad ??

My experience with Barclays has been pretty good so far.  Back in April of last year, I opened a US airways card in the midst of 12 card app spree.  They never lowered my limit or closed the account as I proceeded to open another 8 after that.  I ended up closing the US Airways card myself  about 3 months ago..  Earlier this month I opened another Barclays card,  the Hawaiin Airlines World Elite MC, and they gave me a 19k limit. 

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Cards: 24 with 540k CL
AAoA: 4 years
Established Contributor

I've been happy with my Barclaycard Ring so far. The APR is great, the customer service is great, and I haven't experienced any flakiness with them such as shutting off my card for fraud and/or nuking my accounts for opening new accounts after them. My account with them is approximately 7 months old with them, and I opened 4 accounts after getting their card, and I closed 3 cards.

photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo ScreenShot2013-10-12at111542PM.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png photo SLM2SLM2.png photo HNY2HNY2.png
$6500 ............ $5750 ............ $5400 ............ $5000 ............ $5000 ............ $5000 ............ $4500 ............ $3000
In the Garden until at least November 2015.
Frequent Contributor

I just got my first card with Barclays, their Williams-Sonoma Visa card.

No complaints thus far.

Their fraud alert systems are great to the max as I had to call them twice to clear things up, which is good-!!!

I believe, Barclays has a ''happily ever after''.Smiley Very Happy

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Frequent Contributor

JoshuaHolySpirit wrote:

I just got my first card with Barclays, their Williams-Sonoma Visa card.

No complaints thus far.

Their fraud alert systems are great to the max as I had to call them twice to clear things up, which is good-!!!

I believe, Barclays has a ''happily ever after''.Smiley Very Happy

I'm waiting on my Sallie Mae card to get here. I'm chomping at the bit to start swiping. Smiley Very Happy

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
New Contributor

Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

What is a Barclays credit card. I see that a lot of folks here have them. Is Barclays like a Amex or Discover card ?

I had never heard of them until last year.

I got an app in the mail, applied on line and got approved for $4500 immediately. Very shortly after they gave me a CLI to $7500 without my asking.

15 month 0%APR and a free FICO to boot. and 2% cash back on groceries, gas and utility bills which includes my cell bill and Roadrunner.

So far Ive got nothing bad to say about Barclay.

USBank TU FICO 814
Discover TU FICO 802
Barclay TU FICO 802
CitiBank TU FICO 803
FirstBank TU FICO 801
Regular Contributor

I am very interested in getting the Best Western Rewards Mastercard and the Choice Hotels Rewards Visa from Barclay's as I plan to do a lot of traveling this summer with my family. Is it better to apply online through the hotel website or call on the phone. I have been sent email invitations to apply for the Choice Visa, I don't remember about the Best Western. I would prefer the Best Western first because I would get more benefit in my normal travel.

Starting Score: EQ 663/TU 683/EX 672
Current Score: March EQ 667/TU 680/EX 671 Current Score April EQ 668/TU 694/ EX 676 Current Score May EQ 670 TU 692 EX 676
Goal Score: EQ 763/TU 783/EX 772

Current Score June EQ 671/TU689/EX676 Current Score July EQ 685/TU 689/EX 671
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.