Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays denial

tag
jre
Regular Contributor

Barclays denial

I re-applied for a Barclays card afer waiting 3 months from my last application. I was instantly denied. I called the back-door number and he said that the system automatically denied the application because of my application 3 months ago. He then asked for my authorization to pull an updated credit report to which I agreed.

He went over my credit history with me which included some charge-offs from back in 2010. He said he couldn't approve me today because I had less than a year of history on my recently opened credit cards. Basically, it seems if you have some sort of major delinquency with credit cards Barclays wants to see 6-12 months of history before they even consider you for one of their cards.

I hope this helps someone else who may be trying to rebuild their credity like I am.

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays denial

Most lenders want to see a solid history of on time payments, especially after serious delinquency.

Message 2 of 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for the denial.  Which card were you app'ing for?  I was denied for the US Air card with an 810 TU, so don't feel bad.  My app sprees weren't too amusing to them Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 4
jre
Regular Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Sorry for the denial.  Which card were you app'ing for?  I was denied for the US Air card with an 810 TU, so don't feel bad.  My app sprees weren't too amusing to them Smiley Sad

Average Credit Rewards Card with a low 600's score or even worse due to some baddies that are coming off my report. The thing is that after a year I will probably have better options so I won't even re-apply with them. I guess it's their loss.

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.