Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Regular Contributor

Barclays denial

I re-applied for a Barclays card afer waiting 3 months from my last application. I was instantly denied. I called the back-door number and he said that the system automatically denied the application because of my application 3 months ago. He then asked for my authorization to pull an updated credit report to which I agreed.

He went over my credit history with me which included some charge-offs from back in 2010. He said he couldn't approve me today because I had less than a year of history on my recently opened credit cards. Basically, it seems if you have some sort of major delinquency with credit cards Barclays wants to see 6-12 months of history before they even consider you for one of their cards.

I hope this helps someone else who may be trying to rebuild their credity like I am.

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays denial

Most lenders want to see a solid history of on time payments, especially after serious delinquency.

Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry for the denial.  Which card were you app'ing for?  I was denied for the US Air card with an 810 TU, so don't feel bad.  My app sprees weren't too amusing to them Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

B335is wrote:

Sorry for the denial.  Which card were you app'ing for?  I was denied for the US Air card with an 810 TU, so don't feel bad.  My app sprees weren't too amusing to them Smiley Sad

Average Credit Rewards Card with a low 600's score or even worse due to some baddies that are coming off my report. The thing is that after a year I will probably have better options so I won't even re-apply with them. I guess it's their loss.

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.