Contributor
jre

Barclays denial

I re-applied for a Barclays card afer waiting 3 months from my last application. I was instantly denied. I called the back-door number and he said that the system automatically denied the application because of my application 3 months ago. He then asked for my authorization to pull an updated credit report to which I agreed.

He went over my credit history with me which included some charge-offs from back in 2010. He said he couldn't approve me today because I had less than a year of history on my recently opened credit cards. Basically, it seems if you have some sort of major delinquency with credit cards Barclays wants to see 6-12 months of history before they even consider you for one of their cards.

I hope this helps someone else who may be trying to rebuild their credity like I am.

Quicksilver x2 | Chevron | Amazon | Walmart | Barclays $1300

Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

Re: Barclays denial

Most lenders want to see a solid history of on time payments, especially after serious delinquency.

Senior Contributor
B335is

Sorry for the denial.  Which card were you app'ing for?  I was denied for the US Air card with an 810 TU, so don't feel bad.  My app sprees weren't too amusing to them :smileysad:

Contributor
jre

B335is wrote:

Sorry for the denial.  Which card were you app'ing for?  I was denied for the US Air card with an 810 TU, so don't feel bad.  My app sprees weren't too amusing to them :smileysad:

Average Credit Rewards Card with a low 600's score or even worse due to some baddies that are coming off my report. The thing is that after a year I will probably have better options so I won't even re-apply with them. I guess it's their loss.

Quicksilver x2 | Chevron | Amazon | Walmart | Barclays $1300

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+