Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays denied. Recon call made. *UPDATE*

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

Barclays denied. Recon call made. *UPDATE*

Decided to app for the Barclays Apple today while my reports are unfroze. I was denied and the only thing I can think of is maybe inquiries or the newer TLs reporting (all pif so utility should be near 0) on TU since my report is clean and absolutely nothing is late-ever. Scores are above average (see sig). I will call backdoor on Monday to do a recon however Im a little nervous about it, not sure what to expect. I need that MacBook!!!! How do I approach the call guys?

*UPDATE 10/8*

Made the recon call today. Talked to a really nice, english speaking rep,who went over my entire report, asked a few questions about salary, but told me because my credit  card history was too new that I needed 6 months time to show history. She told me it looks like everything else has been handled exceptionally well but they need 6 months of cc history. I did not fight her but my NEWEST cards are within the last few months. I've have two others that are years old, rather large-and in good standing , paid off in full and still reporting. I think I will wait and try again tomorrow. No mention whatsoever of inquiries which is what I thought it would be.

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays denied. Nervous about Recon call. Suggestions?

You mean Tuesday. Holiday on Monday.

But did you get flat out denied?

Just say I'd really like to take your loc to purchase a MacBook. I just applied and so and so happened and wondering I ou could take a second look.
They might still be open now. West coast it's only 345 depending where ey are located

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 18
Elcid89
Contributor

@beautybrainsbooty wrote:
Decided to app for the Barclays Apple today while my reports are unfroze. I was denied and the only thing I can think of is maybe inquiries or the newer TLs reporting (all pif so utility should be near 0) on TU since my report is clean and absolutely nothing is late-ever. Scores are above average (see sig). I will call backdoor on Monday to do a recon however Im a little nervous about it, not sure what to expect. I need that MacBook!!!! How do I approach the call guys?

Barclay tends to be inquiry sensitive. Re:the call, just tell them that you want the app reconsidered, and hint that you are trying to make an Apple purchase and want to use their card to do it because of the special terms. Explain whatever they ask about in the best light possible without lying, and hope for the best.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 3 of 18
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

Flat out denied. OMG. Monday is indeed a holiday. It hurt too, because I have been getting nothing but approvals lately lol. So do I go to a credit analyst or the main customer service number listed on the BD numbers??

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 4 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Don't be scared. Be truthful and make sure they got it that your going to buy an apple computer with it. More than likely you were computer denied for INQs / New accounts.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 18
Elcid89
Contributor

@beautybrainsbooty wrote:

Flat out denied. OMG. Monday is indeed a holiday. It hurt too, because I have been getting nothing but approvals lately lol. So do I go to a credit analyst or the main customer service number listed on the BD numbers??

866-408-4064

They may be closed since it is a weekend and a holiday weekend at that. If so, try the regular number.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 6 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Barclays is amazing with recons, you'll get it! Fingers crossed for you!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 18
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Barclays is amazing with recons, you'll get it! Fingers crossed for you!!

Oh I wish that were true! I was denied recon. To be fair my uti is high right now...37% and I had 2 chargeoffs and 1 collection from 2007/2008. He suggested paying down my CC's and paying off my chargeoffs/collection. Smiley Surprised(

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 8 of 18
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

How many cards Did you app for or do you mean pre approvals.

The worst they can do is say no.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 18
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Barclay probably gave me the easiet recon to date.

just asked a few questions about my file, and why I wanted the card.

Told them I was rebuilding, and I wanted to buy an ipad at the local apple store (which I did not buy - just wanted the card) and they matched the CL of my highest card and boom, done.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.