Frequent Contributor
resilient

Re: Barclays denied. Nervous about Recon call. Suggestions?

[ Edited ]

Barclays gave me an easy recon also, but I'm not sure I could classify it as a recon, because when i apped, it just said more info is needed, then I immediately called. Now, I am a  little worried, because this wasn't the only card I apped for and got approved for. Don't know if I should use it, because I don't want them closing it and reporting a balance as opposed to them closing it with a zero balance. Either way, I don't want any card to say "closed at credit grantor's request".

Barclays Arrival World MasterCard ($5k) Belk ($2.5k) Chase Freedom Visa Signature ($15k) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($21.9k) Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard ($8.5k) Citi Thank You Premier ($6.5k) Dillard's AmEx ($7.5k) FNBO Chrysler MasterCard ($12.5k) Macy's AmEx ($3k) Macy's ($1k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) PenFed Cash Rewards Visa ($15k) Service CU Platinum Visa ($10k) Susan G. Komen World MasterCard ($30k) Kinetic CU Visa Diamond ($10k) US Bank Cash + ($14k) Walmart Discover ($7.5)
Regular Contributor
beautybrainsbooty

ok wait, so after you get the card they randomly close it? why?? Is that what I understand?

Thanks for the information guys, I am totally appreciative. *think positive thoughts, they will say yes, they will say yes, they will say yes :smileywink:

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Mega Contributor
LS2982

They Hawkeye your reports for 6 months after opening an account and they get ansy seeing new accounts opened in that timeframe. They either CLD or close.

I would not worry about it, usually people get AA from Barclays when they include other issues as far as high util. with a lot of new accounts. Just don't go buckwild on apps and you'll be fine.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
beautybrainsbooty

gotcha! LS hey this made me laugh out loud-literally:  "just don't go buckwild with apps"

This is it for me.  (Unless I get a SERIOUS preapproval) thanks for the all the great advice!

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Shogun

I was thinking of apping for a Barclay card myself.   Kind of got my feet in the garden, so I think I'm going to stay there.  That NFL card is quite tempting though.

Starting Score: 504

Current Score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Going for Wade64's RUDY Spade!
Established Contributor
migliogiorni

Even though Barclay's is no longer offering 400 promp?

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

I like Barclay's but recently, they were kind of rude when I called for a cli on my Trav Amex, which was denied lol... Guesss that's what I get for having high util on that card.... Did pay $600 on it this week though (now owe $4600/6500 LOL
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | CSP $10k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k | Express $3.05K | Myponts.com Visa $3.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

I would suggest a recon as a friend of mine has 6 baddies and did a recon on the priceline card this morning. Was approved for 500.00

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+