cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays denied. Recon call made. *UPDATE*

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays denied. Nervous about Recon call. Suggestions?

Barclays gave me an easy recon also, but I'm not sure I could classify it as a recon, because when i apped, it just said more info is needed, then I immediately called. Now, I am a  little worried, because this wasn't the only card I apped for and got approved for. Don't know if I should use it, because I don't want them closing it and reporting a balance as opposed to them closing it with a zero balance. Either way, I don't want any card to say "closed at credit grantor's request".

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 11 of 18
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

ok wait, so after you get the card they randomly close it? why?? Is that what I understand?

Thanks for the information guys, I am totally appreciative. *think positive thoughts, they will say yes, they will say yes, they will say yes Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 12 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

They Hawkeye your reports for 6 months after opening an account and they get ansy seeing new accounts opened in that timeframe. They either CLD or close.

I would not worry about it, usually people get AA from Barclays when they include other issues as far as high util. with a lot of new accounts. Just don't go buckwild on apps and you'll be fine.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 18
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

gotcha! LS hey this made me laugh out loud-literally:  "just don't go buckwild with apps"

This is it for me.  (Unless I get a SERIOUS preapproval) thanks for the all the great advice!

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 14 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I was thinking of apping for a Barclay card myself.   Kind of got my feet in the garden, so I think I'm going to stay there.  That NFL card is quite tempting though.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 18
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Even though Barclay's is no longer offering 400 promp?

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 16 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I like Barclay's but recently, they were kind of rude when I called for a cli on my Trav Amex, which was denied lol... Guesss that's what I get for having high util on that card.... Did pay $600 on it this week though (now owe $4600/6500 LOL
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 18
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

I would suggest a recon as a friend of mine has 6 baddies and did a recon on the priceline card this morning. Was approved for 500.00

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.