Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays denied my CLI request and then gave me one anyway

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays denied my CLI request and then gave me one anyway

Decided to ask Barclays last month for a CLI for my Sallie Mae card.

The limit was $3,000 and I asked for $5,000 and was denied a few days later due to 'too many open accounts'.

I only have the credit cards listed below, so that seemed odd, but I let it go.

Now today, not even a month later, they raised my limit to $7,500.

Cannot say I am not thankful, but how strange!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays denied my CLI request and then gave me one anyway

@Anonymous wrote:

Cannot say I am not thankful, but how strange!

What changed in your reports in that timeframe?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing at all, thats what made it even stranger.

I did run some large amounts through my other cards but never let it report as it was PIF so I have no idea why they decided to give it to me.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same happened to me too...Good to know I wasn't the only baffled one...mines was too many inqs in the last 12 months and other derogs, that are lingering until the end of this year. Submitted request, on screen denial, then one more mint bills alerted me I got a CLI.

Message 4 of 8
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

I don't have a Barclays account so obviously I'm just speculating, but perhaps their analysts occasionally review denials and decide to overturn them. Maybe you didn't meant the criteria from the automated system but something in your account triggered a manual review of the denial and they overruled the system.

Message 5 of 8
sr383
Regular Contributor

To Barclays, seven probably IS a lot of accounts. Smiley Very Happy

Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news! Congrats!

Message 7 of 8
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Maybe another underwritter thought differently?

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.