cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays denied requested increase and then gave an automated one.

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Barclays denied requested increase and then gave an automated one.

I requested a credit limit increase on a 3400 limit Barclay Rewards Mastercard and was declined Smiley Sad. I tried ringing twice and both analysts cited the five new accounts from December meant they couldn't even increase the limit by a tiny 100. I was kind of bummed that a hard inquiry was done and nothing to show for it, but oh well. Yesterday the statement closed so I logged in to pay and was surprised to see the limit is now 4600.

I just find it odd that two weeks ago they said the couldn't do anything and now they can give 1200. It started at 2500 and after 7th statement it was upped to 3400 and now after the 7th statement again, up to 4600. I opened multiple new accounts before the first increase and as mentioned, multiple ones before this one too. Utilisation is 0%.

Just putting this out there for people who may be denied for an increase from them. You still may get one anyway when the statement closes.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays denied requested increase and then gave an automated one.

Well that ended nicely for you!!! CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 10
Bobert22
Contributor

That's quite odd. Will be interesting to see what happens with Barclay Card Arrival WMC once 6/7th statement cuts.
Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 3 of 10
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you and very nice increase!

Interesting for sure.  I just hit my 6th statement this month and nothing, however I have opened a lot of accounts since opening them so that probably scared them off Smiley Embarassed.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 4 of 10
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the praise. At least I guess, in a way the hard inquiry wasn't totally useless. I would wait until the 7th statement to see if anything happens before asking for an increase. If I had waited I would have avoided the hard.

Message 5 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

This exactly happened to me but I got no hp :-P
Im really wanting to get my Barclay's Trav Amex to $10k soon!!

Congrats on the cli!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Not the first time I've seen them being wierd.  There was a thread a couple days ago where they called a couple days before the 6th statement cut and was denied.   Statement cut a couple days later and an auto CLI was there. Odd.

Message 7 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 10
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Started Feb. of last year with $1,900 CL. Auto CLI at the 6 month mark brought CL up to $2,800. 2nd auto CLI at the 1 year mark brought CL up to $4,000. All of this without requesting a single CLI. Would this be a good time to ask for a CLI?
Message 9 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.