Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays - did a recon

tag
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

Barclays - did a recon

This message is just for those who are interested in Barclays.

I was declined due to lack of revolving credit history. Several on this board suggested I do a recon.

I just called in and got approved for 2500 on the Apple financing card.

I am just posting this info for anyone who may be considering the card. I also would like to mention just as an FYI for those who are interested that they pulled my TU a couple weeks ago when I applied for it. She must have pulled all 3 though as they saw everything current on all 3 of them. I'm not sure if that is what they do with a recon, I'm guessing it is? Dunno anyway wanted to mention that. Maybe within a certain time period it doesn't count as another hit?

Anyway, sorry to MarineVietVet I told ya I wouldn't be posting here anymore, I just wanted to share that info for whoever is interested.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclays - did a recon

You have verified that they pulled all 3?

I have never heard of them pulling anything other then TU and you should be able to get the same pull within 30 days... I would be checking this and asking for the pull deleted if they did it agian.

Message 2 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the Recon approval !!  Another Barclays success story !

I also have never heard of them pullling all three.  Perhaps they just re~pulled your TU report ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

Nice and congrats !!

Great CL too

Message 4 of 12
john398
Senior Contributor

I have had them pull 2 on mine, of course that was last April

TU and EXP

barcl-inq.JPG

Message 5 of 12
2NE1
Established Contributor

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

I was declined due to lack of revolving credit history. Several on this board suggested I do a recon.

I am just posting this info for anyone who may be considering the card. I also would like to mention just as an FYI for those who are interested that they pulled my TU a couple weeks ago when I applied for it. She must have pulled all 3 though as they saw everything current on all 3 of them. I'm not sure if that is what they do with a recon, I'm guessing it is? Dunno anyway wanted to mention that. Maybe within a certain time period it doesn't count as another hit?

Anyway, sorry to MarineVietVet I told ya I wouldn't be posting here anymore, I just wanted to share that info for whoever is interested.

I tried to recon with them as well but they saw my lack of revolving history (actually no active CCs, except for Macys) and noticed that I had "recent" charged-off accounts (which they went into this status in early 2010 Smiley Indifferent *sigh* not that recent IMO) oh well... he said to try again in six months... I'll prob wait a year to do it since I've recently got a CapOne and Orchard CCs to start rebuilding my credit...

Message 6 of 12
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and cl!  I've seen on here where they have pulled from 2 CRAs.  EX and TU.  Personally, I got a HP on TU and they softed EX repeatedly for 6 months after the account was open.  Welcome To Barclays!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 7 of 12
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your recon! Go get that Mac now.
Message 8 of 12
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

To CreditAddict and Pizzadude,

I should clarify I know they pulled at least 2 - TU, which they showed they pulled with my credit score, and she mentioned inquires on EX and asked who they were from (she had never heard of the creditor), so I know they also had to have pulled that of course. So, maybe it was 2 of the 3, for sure I know it was 2 of them though based on that.

Sorry for any confusion I might have created there and good point guys.

Anyway thanks to all for the congrats I hope the info is helpful.

Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 9 of 12
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

I tried to recon with them as well but they saw my lack of revolving history (actually no active CCs, except for Macys) and noticed that I had "recent" charged-off accounts (which they went into this status in early 2010 Smiley Indifferent *sigh* not that recent IMO) oh well... he said to try again in six months... I'll prob wait a year to do it since I've recently got a CapOne and Orchard CCs to start rebuilding my credit...

That's why they initially declined me, lack of revolving history. There were no COs though and a high score, which led to the approval, though she did mention she was a bit uneasy about the recent inquiries (all my cards are brand new) and I explained to her that I had gotten frustrated with Cap 1's subprime cards (I won't rehash that) and they would not help me to get a card that was more useful to me, so I gave up on credit cards for a while, but I want to boost my score to the next level so I would like to use the revolving credit to do that, and that I'd heard good things about Barclay's (from here of course) and felt it would be a good bank to get in with. She was fine with that but suggested I not do any more inquiries for a while. Good advice which I plan to take.

Anyway, I bet if you give it 6 months you will get it. I would say go for it!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.