Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays dislike for inquiries.

tag
Eightiron
Contributor

Barclays dislike for inquiries.

I have seen Barclays is not a fan of inquiries, especially witin the first 6 months of getting approved.  Even to the point of closing the account

I was approved for a Chase Amazon rewards card first. And while trying to figure out my credit limit, I was told to call back once an errored collections account is removed from my file(in the process of being removed.)

Chase is obviously going to have to HP to see the account has been removed.  Barclays will see this, yes?  Since I already have a Chase account, will they frown upon this?

I need a CLI on the Chase card because I am putting a portion of an engagment ring on this card, trying to earn some rewards since Im spending the money anyway. And the barclay card will have a portion of a mac pro charged.  To help my over all util. its going to be helpful to CLI, and Chase claimed to have no problem with a generous increase once removed based on convo with EO.  But I'm not willing to lose my Barclays account over this.  Any insight?

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays dislike for inquiries.

Barclay will see your reports when they do their normal sp checks on your reports...I wouldn't worry tho if that cli req inqs is all you're doing. Now if you were opening a new account then that inq might have more weight Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 2 of 5
Tuxedo77
Contributor

It's all subjective to the account holder. It seems barclays worries about maxed limits on other cards or multiple balances across multiple cards. Usually the accounts that were not initially approved, but were later due to recon are on a short leash. 1 or two cards with max util will definitely get put under the microscope. YMMV
AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 3 of 5
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

@Tuxedo77 wrote:
It's all subjective to the account holder. It seems barclays worries about maxed limits on other cards or multiple balances across multiple cards. Usually the accounts that were not initially approved, but were later due to recon are on a short leash. 1 or two cards with max util will definitely get put under the microscope. YMMV

+1. If you look at the cases this occurs, it mainly borderline approvals, increasing your credit by a massive amount within the first 6 months with them or some other major change in the the person's report. Barclays is one of the most sensitive but if you have a strong, clean file (especially once the error is removed), there isn't much to worry about. 

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 4 of 5
Eightiron
Contributor

I did have to recon(due to too many inquiries, why the understood due to major life change. I took a new job require me move to a new city. So apt, cable, new bank account etc.)

So I do feel like I am under a micro scope. Then again, on recon they approved 1500, and told me I could call back at any if I need and increase. (They pulled TU when has already removed the CA) so I may be in decent standing with them.

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.