Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays doesn't even pull my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays doesn't even pull my credit

@icyhot wrote:
Maybe like 5 INQS within a month? I could give a more accurate number if I look at my CR but that's just an estimation. They closed it before the first statement cut

See, this is why I spread my App-o-rama over 8 months with an average of 2.1 new accounts/month

Message 11 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Now I'm a couple months in on my Wyndham approval and I tried Sallie Mae the other night and no pull instant denial (stating to many recent accounts!)

Screenshot or it didn't happen...

Product
Date Applied
Status
March 22, 2015
Approved
March 22, 2015
Declined

Check Application Status

Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you.

sorry doesn't allow me to pull up the detail letter anymore. and forgot it was choice not sallie mae!

Message 12 of 23
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Hahah... was only kidding CA.

We all know you are the poster boy for new accounts!

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 13 of 23
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
Yup, they're notorious for it

I always thought Barclays was known for CLD'ing over just closing the accounts.

And also, before everyone starts panicking, I highly highly doubt it's just a few inquiries; it has to do with a person's overall credit profile/history and perceived risk. Just because youv'e racked a new account or two and have a few inquiries, it does NOT mean they will CLD or close your account. Yes, Barclays is on the conservative side but I know there are many other people who have racked up way more inquiries/accounts in the same amount of time and not a peep from Barclays. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got both USAirways and Ring.

No AA even though I've added 13 accounts since then.

I wonder if balance plays a part?  My balance is very low on my Barclay cards <3% most of the time.

Message 15 of 23
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

This is off topic, but why are store cards a "best kept credit repair secret"?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 16 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I will venture to say because of shopping cart trick or cards like Pottery Barn that I was able to get with below a 615 EQ score and it quickly (under 6 months) was over $10k.

Having high limit cards for sure helps get other cards with higher limits

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Patience.

Message 18 of 23
crtiller
Established Member

@Callandra wrote:

@icyhot wrote:
Yup, they're notorious for it

I always thought Barclays was known for CLD'ing over just closing the accounts.

And also, before everyone starts panicking, I highly highly doubt it's just a few inquiries; it has to do with a person's overall credit profile/history and perceived risk. Just because youv'e racked a new account or two and have a few inquiries, it does NOT mean they will CLD or close your account. Yes, Barclays is on the conservative side but I know there are many other people who have racked up way more inquiries/accounts in the same amount of time and not a peep from Barclays. 

ITA the above.  I opened a Rewards Mastercard in September and then proceeded to open 10 additional accounts between September and December to include an Apple Rewards Visa in November.  I've seen no AA and they even gave me CLI at 6 months.  I also have an AAoA of 6 years and a pretty thick file so that might be the difference.  I close old cards and open new cards all of the time although I will most likely do it less frequently going forward with out the benefit of American Express backdating.

Dec 2014 FICOs - EX 703 EQ 724 TU 720
Message 19 of 23
taxi818
Super Contributor

Yes. I've known they do this. I just got letter about my cli from them. They gave me weird amount. 5410. I asked for 6 k. In their letter they said. Sorry we could not approve all you asked for. But we did approve another 1960 increase. Bringing you from 3450 to 5410. Mainly due to too many revolving bank cards. I said what. Most are over a year old. But they still gave me increase. I got 3 new accounts since then.  I hope they don't freak out. If so. Good riddance. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.