Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays double inqury?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays double inqury?

Back in October I went on a small app spree in order to obtain some decent cards to build my credit.

I wanted in on Barclays and initially apped for their Apple card. Unfortunately afterwards I realized I didn't really need the Apple card so I called in and asked if they could close that card and move the credit to the Barclays rewards mastercard. If I remember correctly, the CSR said he could do that using my existimg APP and said it wouldn't cost me a HP so I went ahead and did it. Now, I noticed credit karma is showing 2 HPs from Barclays from October for Transunion. Is there anyway I can dispute this? This was all done in the matter of a week actually so it all made sense at the time when he told me he wouldn't have to pull my credit.

What'd you guys think? Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays double inqury?

Your only chance is to give Barclays a call and try to get them to remove one of them based on what your were told.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call Barclays.

Message 3 of 7
uswala
Senior Contributor

Good luck! 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! I will give this a shot tomorrow. I am so mad at myself for trying for the Apple first... I did think it would be easier but I actually was able to get the Mastercard because of that. Initially I was denied and then appd via recon. Probably because I had applied less than 5 days ago.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give them a call most of the calls are recorded for training and customer satisfaction purposes... 

Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there anyway I can dispute this?

Nope.  They had permissible purpose.  What one assumes is not a basis for dispute.  As stated above all you can do is see if Barclays will remove one of them.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.